The Doctor Who thread

Agreed.

Also, I bought Season 1 on saturday and finished it this evening. I really like how Eccleston did the 9th Doctor and I'm not sure if there's an episode in that series that I dislike. Next up will be Season 2, once I dredge up the funds (I have a degree course starting in a few months that I *should* be saving for, after all).

Bah, Tennant is so much more important.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm putting most of this in spoilers since I know that not everyone has watched the current season of Torchwood so far or even watched series four yet. As I watch Torchwood, I can't help but think one thing:

Dear God, the Doctor screwed over Britain on so many levels by causing Harriet Jones to get sacked. There's no way around it. Harriet Jones would not have decided to kill Torchwood because some idiots in the past decided to cover up murder and therefore prevent the residents on aliens from being able to come up with a plan when things just escalate into utter insanity. Harriet Jones would have brought in Torchwood right away, not let the pot boil over and have be blackmailed into doing the thing that should have happened at the start. Harriet Jones was obviously not the Master and The Doctor is completely to blame for the events at the end of Season 3. There would have been no power vacuum to carefully slip into. So, if there is one huge black spot on the Tenth Doctor's record, it's that with six words, six tiny words, the Doctor may have changed the course of history more than The Time Meddler ever tried to. Ten should be glad the Time Lords are all gone, otherwise we probably wouldn't have had a series past The Christmas Invasion.

Now, as for tonight's episode,

I'll admit, I felt little when Tosh and Owen died. Ianto tonight though, I actually teared up. Damnit. I mean seriously, I'm kinda depressed now, thanks Torchwood.

Another great episode last night building to the finale really well both through the storyline and the emotion being displayed in them, episode 4 I think had some really good acting in it both from the established cast as well as the extra actors for this series such as the government members

Also, not sure if I want the answer to this until after this series is done, but is there going to be another series of Torchwood after this or not? As im getting the feeling there wont be but I really hope there will be

Agreed.

Also, I bought Season 1 on saturday and finished it this evening. I really like how Eccleston did the 9th Doctor and I'm not sure if there's an episode in that series that I dislike. Next up will be Season 2, once I dredge up the funds (I have a degree course starting in a few months that I *should* be saving for, after all).

Bah, Tennant is so much more important. And Better.

Fixed.

Also, with season two it becomes more up to date and less jarring to see how old the show is, with improved visuals and such.

Wow. Just wow. That may have been the best thing from the Revival of Doctor Who.

The entire thing was phenomenal. Also very, insanely dark. I liked that there was some justice in that the PM pretty much is going to be blackmailed into being a puppet. I actually want to see where this is going because it hints at there being someplace it can go. Captain Jack has changed alot since being happy about being stripped naked by robots on Satellite 5. I know that Davies has said that he is going to be working on further Torchwood though I wonder if Jack will be back or if Gwen is going to take over with a new team (that will hopefully include Lisa. I really took a shine to her.) For that matter, would it be too much for her to recruit Sally Sparrow?

As for the numbers, maybe it has to be human children for a reason, some combination of the chemicals in a pre-pubescent human child that makes them ecstasy for the 456.

My only complaint is this and I'm sure it's something The Sarah Jane Adventures might address but where was Sarah Jane in all this? Considering her assistants are all children, presumably of an age where they're vulnerable, you know Mr. Smith would have been on top of this and doing something. For that matter, the Series 4 finale of Doctor Who has shown there is someway for these groups to talk. I feel like this is a minor plot hole that's barely worth considering but still. Hell, Martha should have been on the phone with the Doctor the second this came down. I think this would have been one of those emergencies where bringing in the Doctor would be justified considering, as said before, it is partially his mess, even if no one knows that except him.

Maybe Sarah Jane was on a tea break?

The doctor was somewhere elser, and Martha, maybe they just ignored her for my benefit.

They said Martha was on her Honeymoon so that would explain where she was and she probably was therefore out of the loop so I can slightly excuse that. I'm a little bit more iffy with Sarah. If my child started doing something like what happens and I had access to an alien compy, I would be trying to do something. If thye feel like giving us an explanation, it will probably be in Sarah Jane Adventures though so I'll excuse that also.

Wouldn't it be awesome if they tied it in and just Sarah Jane saying "Mr Smith, I need you" then sexy music plays, a disco ball comes down and he says "Oh Sarah Jane, how I have waited for this moment"

Knowing Torchwood, Sarah Jane would take her cell phone and say, "I need Miss Smith also."

Just got back from seeing the new Harry Potter movie and I really got to say that someday, down the line, I think that Daniel Radcliffe would make an excellent Doctor. In the movie, he has moments where it feels like he's channeling the best elements of Tennant who's Doctor, despite some serious mistakes in judgment, is my favorite. Mind you this a few years down the line when Radcliffe and his craft have matured a little bit more.

New Doctor Who outfit unveiled.

I don't know about that one myself. He was starting to move away from the more classical dress with the last two Doctors, I get that its a little hipster-ish with the boots and whatnot, its just not really a progression in my book. Maybe he wants to use some of the trappings of old age to countermand his youth.

I don't know about that one myself. He was starting to move away from the more classical dress with the last two Doctors, I get that its a little hipster-ish with the boots and whatnot, its just not really a progression in my book. Maybe he wants to use some of the trappings of old age to countermand his youth.

I'm currently listening to the Waffle On podcast (as they were nice enough to hit me up about FYEO) and on their Doctor Who episode, one of the co-hosts came up with a theory about the Doctor's attire. Most Doctors (#6 being the most obvious exception) dress in a vaguely Victorian manner from the early Doctors to the three piece suits and long coat that the Tenth Doctor wears. The Ninth Doctor's attire, which is obviously fairly modern, is put down to being battle friendly for the Time War. So the Eleventh Doctor wearing tweed & bow tie fits that idea (more or less).

I'm currently listening to the Waffle On podcast (as they were nice enough to hit me up about FYEO) and on their Doctor Who episode, one of the co-hosts came up with a theory about the Doctor's attire. Most Doctors (#6 being the most obvious exception) dress in a vaguely Victorian manner from the early Doctors to the three piece suits and long coat that the Tenth Doctor wears. The Ninth Doctor's attire, which is obviously fairly modern, is put down to being battle friendly for the Time War. So the Eleventh Doctor wearing tweed & bow tie fits that idea (more or less).

I'm not sure that the 10th Doctor's outfit qualifies as Victorian, he's more of a Mod really.

I will love it if he refers to himself as an old man a lot also. When you think about it, it has to be weighing on The Doctor's mind that he's nearing the end of it all. Eleven will only have two more regenerations before that's it, even less if the regeneration that created the Human Doctor in "Journey's End" counted as one. I hope this is something that gets addressed because if we get a Fourteenth Doctor with no explanation, then you're just ignoring part of the established mythos.