Ben Weldon

The Doctor Who thread

Apparently if you get there REALLY early you MIGHT get on a waitlist. But yeah, this was posted Friday morning on doctorwhonews.com and by 10:30 AM local Chicago time, they filled all 200 seats.

Two Things about the spoiler image. 1) Rory is decked out in his Centurion outfit. 2) The Cybermen don't have the Cybus Industries symbol stamped on them. Could they be from Mondas?

I'd have a problem with them being Cybermen from this reality unless there were a very good reason for it. Mondosian and Telosian Cybermen have very independent looks and them just suddenly looking like alternate reality Cybermen wouldn't make sense unless it's explained in the story. Mind you, the alternate Cybermen are still around in this universe evidently, so they might have had an influence.

That also begs the question- Where was Mondas in the alternate universe? It's supposed to be earth's twin planet blown out of orbit by the actions of the early Cybermen. If they were invented on earth this time shouldn't Mondas still be there? Or did BOTH planets come up with the same concept?

edit- apparently the Cybermen shown in The Pandorica Opens were Mondosian, hence the different abilities. Apparently they had the changed logo there too.

Peter Davison talks about the Sonic Screwdriver. Also, just from watching the clips, I'm kinda keen on seeing "Kinda" and "Snakedance" if only because the commentary on the latter sounds hilarious.

Davison generally gives good commentary. He oes a good job, especially if there are people for him to bounce off of.

Based off that, ordered. Besides, it's a good way to celebrate a day with no significance to me whatsoever.

Heh. One of the stories is The Happiness Patrol. I wonder how many questions are going to concern the sheer absurdity of the Candyman.

In other news, a week from today. WOOOOOO!

Unreal. I had no idea she'd been ill. That's really sad news. Best wishes to her family.

Doctor Who star Elisabeth Sladen, who was also in spin-off series The Sarah Jane Adventures, has died aged 63.

Sladen appeared as Doctor Who assistant Sarah Jane Smith in the BBC television sci-fi series between 1973 and 1976 opposite Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker.

In more recent times the Liverpool-born actress went on to appear in four series of The Sarah Jane Adventures on children's channel CBBC.

BBC entertainment reporter Lizo Mzimba said she had had cancer for some time.