The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a cold/flu for nearly two weeks now, with the main issue being a very high fever that leaves me constantly weak and sweating like crazy. I've never dealt with a cold/flu like that before, so this is all a bit strange to me.

And now, I'm having a massive anxiety attack. This isn't fun.

So, I've still got a high-ish fever, and I have a throbbing headache. Yeah, this has been a fun few weeks.

I've had a cold/flu for nearly two weeks now, with the main issue being a very high fever that leaves me constantly weak and sweating like crazy. I've never dealt with a cold/flu like that before, so this is all a bit strange to me.

And now, I'm having a massive anxiety attack. This isn't fun.

So, I've still got a high-ish fever, and I have a throbbing headache. Yeah, this has been a fun few weeks.

If it means anything, I have a migraine right now.

It sounds like they were running a generator (the town is still without power) and it blew up. They're safe, but the house is GONE. My house is okay; they're a couple of doors down from me. But still... shit.

Damn! Good to hear they're okay.

My annoyance seems rather petty in light of that, but my laptop backlight died this morning. Anybody have experience with this?

I got maybe three hours of sleep last night, and all I've eaten is a cold, boiled potato. Add in the fact that it's been one of the worst theft days I can remember, and you get me feeling like Batman in Knightfall, man. I fully expect a large Latino man in a gimp mask to "break me" when I get home. At least that part is normal for a Tuesday night.

I got maybe three hours of sleep last night, and all I've eaten is a cold, boiled potato. Add in the fact that it's been one of the worst theft days I can remember, and you get me feeling like Batman in Knightfall, man. I fully expect a large Latino man in a gimp mask to "break me" when I get home. At least that part is normal for a Tuesday night.

I wasn't planning to break you but I was planning to surprise you with a gimp mask.

I was point blank LIED TO by the power company. I was told I would have my power back on by dinnertime. I later discovered this was untrue, and that I was told this purely becasue they're trying to discourage people from calling. I have been a REALLY good sport about this whole "not having power for four-plus days" thing, and I think I'm about over that. I'm literally SHAKING I'm so angry right now.