Superman: Man of Steel

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's less than an hour, but it is a long time. Around 20 minutes on Krypton and 20 minutes in Smallville.

I actually think Man of Steel is anachronistic, somewhat like Superman: Birthright was (and Batman Begins, for that matter). We'll see adult Clark before we see all of young Clark's story.

A while back, I traced out a digital version of the Man of Steel banner glyph for use in various photoshop projects. (Someone commented on my traced image and told me he took it to a tattoo parlor and had it inked onto his chest, which is pretty cool I guess)

Anyhow, DC just released this image of the actual emblem on the suit itself, and I decided to make a trace of that as well, since it's a proper 2D version of the glyph instead of a 3D model. Side-by-side, the two are kinda interesting:

MoS_shieldcomparison.jpg

The banner version is a bit more dynamic and interesting, with its thin curved lines, but the suit version is more like the traditional logo, with more normal proportions and a more structured diamond shape.