Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, even cheesecake Starfire from the last decade or so retained a lot of her original character. In Teen Titans or Outsiders when she's beating the snot out of Wonder Woman or talking to Nightwing you still got a consistent sense of character. New Starfire just seems like someone wanted to write her as the promiscuous head cheerleader from school who wouldn't give the writer the time of day back then but slept with everyone else.

Dude! Harsh! I liked the Starfire from the Teen Titans show.

I was only criticising Starfire in the Red Hood book. I really like Starfire in Teen Titans, she's much closer to what the character should be.

I restart my course tomorrow. Which will involve taking two trains each way, meaning around 3 hours of travel. I can't say that I'm not nervous. I just want to get back into things, and do the classes I attempted last year, and pass them, pass them at the highest levels, for myself, to prove to myself that I can do this, and that I am not a failure, and that I can do things when I set my mind on them.

All my fears and insecurities about failure and feeling alone, that caused me to drop out last year, are coming back to haunt me right now. I'm glad that I am trying to speak to people about getting help for this, rather than blindly deal with it on my own. I'm just hoping it's an easy journey tomorrow, and I don't royally fuck everything up.

I restart my course tomorrow. Which will involve taking two trains each way, meaning around 3 hours of travel. I can't say that I'm not nervous. I just want to get back into things, and do the classes I attempted last year, and pass them, pass them at the highest levels, for myself, to prove to myself that I can do this, and that I am not a failure, and that I can do things when I set my mind on them.

All my fears and insecurities about failure and feeling alone, that caused me to drop out last year, are coming back to haunt me right now. I'm glad that I am trying to speak to people about getting help for this, rather than blindly deal with it on my own. I'm just hoping it's an easy journey tomorrow, and I don't royally fuck everything up.

Massive hugs Austen. I'm sure you're going to hit it right out of the park.

Yeah, even cheesecake Starfire from the last decade or so retained a lot of her original character. In Teen Titans or Outsiders when she's beating the snot out of Wonder Woman or talking to Nightwing you still got a consistent sense of character. New Starfire just seems like someone wanted to write her as the promiscuous head cheerleader from school who wouldn't give the writer the time of day back then but slept with everyone else.

Dude! Harsh! I liked the Starfire from the Teen Titans show.

I was only criticising Starfire in the Red Hood book. I really like Starfire in Teen Titans, she's much closer to what the character should be.

Oh, okay. I humbly retract my statement. :doh: