Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had cut out all coffee & energy drinks but they are lifesavers when I need to get up early and drive several hours to get to the site of the day for work, like today. I tried to go without but about a half hour from my destination this morning I was struggling so grabbed a shitty black coffee with sweetener. I think the vile taste of that stuff wakes me up more than anything.

Energy drinks largely do the same but they thicken your blood a lot too.

Also, the American Psycho soundtrack is amazing workout music. Sussudio and Hip to Square are great tracks.

Idea for a sci-fi story, currently going by the name Solid State. Need much research but the outline is there-

In (TBD) year experimentation with train travel had reached the point where the first locomotives faster than any other method of travelling were being created. Some people said that man could not breathe at such speeds and that it would result in permenant physical and mental damage to attempt to do so.

They were right.

The year is 2010, and no one in the history of the earth has passed 30mph and been unaffected. No one has passed 40mph and survived to tell the tale.

The breadth for redeveloping society from the ground up since the industrial revolution makes this a pretty nice alternate world to play with. Populations are smaller and more spread out to allow for food production, although high-speed unmanned trains allow for a degree of distribution of goods. Because of the lack of useful travel IT has progressed to the same point as it has now, allowing for a global perspective on the part of everyone but making genuine experiance of other cultures a rarity. Horses travel under 20mph so they are common, as are bike and car-like devices that allow a certain amount of local area mobility.

You still have the news media, authority, nations and empires to deal with but this one thing changes the whole ball-game.

Still kicking this around, some more research would allow me to divine the points where travel became pivotal in the development of the modern world.

Idea for a sci-fi story, currently going by the name Solid State. Need much research but the outline is there-

In (TBD) year experimentation with train travel had reached the point where the first locomotives faster than any other method of travelling were being created. Some people said that man could not breathe at such speeds and that it would result in permenant physical and mental damage to attempt to do so.

They were right.

The year is 2010, and no one in the history of the earth has passed 30mph and been unaffected. No one has passed 40mph and survived to tell the tale.

The breadth for redeveloping society from the ground up since the industrial revolution makes this a pretty nice alternate world to play with. Populations are smaller and more spread out to allow for food production, although high-speed unmanned trains allow for a degree of distribution of goods. Because of the lack of useful travel IT has progressed to the same point as it has now, allowing for a global perspective on the part of everyone but making genuine experiance of other cultures a rarity. Horses travel under 20mph so they are common, as are bike and car-like devices that allow a certain amount of local area mobility.

You still have the news media, authority, nations and empires to deal with but this one thing changes the whole ball-game.

Still kicking this around, some more research would allow me to divine the points where travel became pivotal in the development of the modern world.

I like this a lot Stavros. A good basis in reality is good for sci fi and most people don't know that a big argument against train travel was that they couldn't believe a human would die moving faster than 50mph...

My office is currently filled with the deafening strains of "There is nothing like a dame". This is what happens when my bosses are both in the office. Thank god its a rare occasion.

How come so many guys with strong brooklyn accents have such unaccented singing voices?

edit: OK, now its Johnny B. Good. AWESOME.

Hey Joe! Also great.

Always on my mind- Elvis.

Sit on my face- Monty Python.

And now its random audio from Python.

Huh. Whoever thought that turning Hilary Clinton into a sex symbol, you do not want to even begin to comprehend the miseries I will visit upon you. They will sing songs of the horrors that I will unleash and only when I believe that you have suffered worse than any other human being will I cease the force-feeding of Egg Nog Shakes and viewings of The Osmond Family Christmas and allow you to die.