Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish someone at Marvel would explain how people remember Spider-Man unmasking, but can't remember what he looked like. Or how Mephisto erased everyone's DVR.

He balanced it by making everyone in the DC Universe remember Jason Todd was Robin. Or something equally retarded, I just don't care anymore.

I wish someone at Marvel would explain how people remember Spider-Man unmasking, but can't remember what he looked like. Or how Mephisto erased everyone's DVR.

And the VHS tapes, and the YouTube clips, and the DVD's, and the...

ah, I give up.

It is magic, but how powerful is Mephisto? He could take down the Beyonder, if "One More Day" is any indication.

ah, I give up.

It is magic, but how powerful is Mephisto? He could take down the Beyonder, if "One More Day" is any indication.

If anything, "One Day More" demonstrates that Mephisto is so bored that he's willing to toy with one of Marvel's lower-powered heroes. Maybe it's just an indicator that Marvel needs to consolidate it's Devil analogues into one demonic Super-Conglomerate that can get equal page time as opposed to Dormammu backing The Hood over here then you have Shuma-Gorath over there playing cards with Blackheart and Chthon while Belasco takes teenage girls as apprentices. Seriously, Marvel has way too many Devil's to the point where it's one big fallen angel clusterfuck. No wonder Mephisto can get away with wiping DVRs when the guy living three doors down is also a living personification of evil, you're bound not to notice that you saw Spider-Man take his mask off and then the footage is gone the next day. It's a surprise that they don't all end up on Maury with Damien Hellstorm trying to find out who's his daddy. (Yes, I know it's Satannish but that just proves the demonic super-power quota further.)

ah, I give up.

If anything, "One Day More" demonstrates that Mephisto is so bored that he's willing to toy with one of Marvel's lower-powered heroes. Maybe it's just an indicator that Marvel needs to consolidate it's Devil analogues into one demonic Super-Conglomerate that can get equal page time as opposed to Dormammu backing The Hood over here then you have Shuma-Gorath over there playing cards with Blackheart and Chthon while Belasco takes teenage girls as apprentices. Seriously, Marvel has way too many Devil's to the point where it's one big fallen angel clusterfuck. No wonder Mephisto can get away with wiping DVRs when the guy living three doors down is also a living personification of evil, you're bound not to notice that you saw Spider-Man take his mask off and then the footage is gone the next day. It's a surprise that they don't all end up on Maury with Damien Hellstorm trying to find out who's his daddy. (Yes, I know it's Satannish but that just proves the demonic super-power quota further.)

THAT... was a very impressive rant. And you make a lot of sense.

I've always kind of thought of Marvel's demons as sort of a bastardized versionj of Lovecraft's Old Gods who, instead of off in space, sit in other dimensions and meddle with humans much more frequently. Whereas DC has a very firm version of Hell with several lower demons all equally powerful in one realm and a Devil who prefers to play the piano in a nightclub.

Which is kind of weird seeing as the way the physics in each universe works, it would be the opposite.

See, this is why it's so hard to get new readers to most comics.

Wouldn't it be great if Peter just married Mary Jane, you know like how the movie left it?

Oh they were, but their not anymore.

What did they get divorced?

No, he sold their love to Mephisto to bring Aunt May back to life.

Oh, right.

How about Batman, I mean the dark knight was awesome. How about I read Batman and robin....hey who's this, as Batman, what?

Yeah, you see Bruce died.....

What did he die fighting crime in what's it called, Gotham?

No, he died fighting Darkseid in Bludhaven.

Oh, what's Bludhaven?

Gothams sister city.

And so on, until:

Walking Dead, what's this?

You like Dawn of the dead?

The original or remake?

Original.

Yeah.

Zombies attack, world is screwed, what happens next....

Awesome.

Yes it is.

Spiderman and Batman are your two biggest hitters in DC and Marvel in that they are the most recognisable by everyone.

Walking Dead, I love, but it took months of being told by people on here, how awesome it was for me to check it out.

Sorry, REALLY off-topic.

It actually makes some theological sense for Mephisto to want to destroy Spider-Man's marriage instead of taking his soul, when you take into account the statement in the book about the marriage being "made holy in the eyes of He who I hate most." Marriage on earth is a picture of Christ's union with the Church, so it could be argued that Mephisto was symbolically separating Christ from His bride. I highly doubt Marvel got deep enough into the theological doctrine behind marriage to care much though.