Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My nephews came over today and the younger one Max, whos just weeks away from being 1, used me as his personal delivery service, he had me lift him, go in the diretions he pointed and then lowered himself when he go to where he wanted to go.

He also then when I gave him a some icing from a cake, walked to the door and then turned his back to me and started to eat the cake.

I just thought I'd post how awesome I thought that was that he did that.

I would definitely consider selling litmus paper under the product name "Gay Testing Kit". With the right disclaimers in the small print I'd have no ethical issues and it would be interesting to see if it would actually sell.

Only question is whether it should be a urine test, a test done by rubbing the paper on the subject or if I should just leave it without instructions and wait for the emails to come in inquiring how its used.

What do you guys think, 10 strips for £5? Bearing in mind you can by 100 strips of normal Litmus Paper for about £1.50.

I would definitely consider selling litmus paper under the product name "Gay Testing Kit". With the right disclaimers in the small print I'd have no ethical issues and it would be interesting to see if it would actually sell.

Only question is whether it should be a urine test, a test done by rubbing the paper on the subject or if I should just leave it without instructions and wait for the emails to come in inquiring how its used.

What do you guys think, 10 strips for £5? Bearing in mind you can by 100 strips of normal Litmus Paper for about £1.50.

In all seriousness, I think we should actually do this. Lets call it a societal experiment :)

Well, this is one of those good news/bad news situations.

The bad news is that, after talking with the Apple Support people, my Mac's hard drive probably died last night, as evidenced by the fact that I can't get past a grey screen and I hear a clicking noise whenever I try to start it up, and I lost whatever data I didn't have backed up (which includes a bunch of fic and my music library, primarily, but oh well).

The good news is I did have a significant part of that backed up in various locations (thank you, external hard drive, flash drive, and keeping important attachments!), and that even outside of warranty, getting a new (and bigger!) hard drive will cost well under a hundred.

So, this means that that I'm not going to be on as often as I have been for a bit.

This morning I woke up to the following conversation between my oldest son and I:

Cade: Daddy, Batman is Robin's daddy.

Me: No he's not buddy.

Cade: Huh?

Me: Batman just looks after Robin and they fight bad guys together.

Cade: What happened to Robin's mommy and daddy?

Me: Well, they had to go away and Batman promised to take care of Robin.

Cade: Where did they go?

Me: Did you know that Flash is a daddy of a little boy and girl?

I'm all for honesty but I'm not about to tell my three year old that Robin's parents were killed by the mob at the circus.

I could have a chat with him.

"Hey little buddy, remember when you asked what happened to Robin's parents? Well they were killed by mobsters. Just like Batman's mummy and daddy were killed by a crook. Even Batman was killed recently, by an evil vengeful god. Because bad things do happen to good people. So you need to decide if you're going to be good or if you're going to survive. Because good people die. All of them. And the survivors get lollipops, because there are loads left over after all the good people were brutally killed."

For the record, letting us near kids is a Very Bad Idea.

Damn that sucks. My own backups are spread over several drives out of paranoia that my PC's might implode, thankfully that hasn't happened yet. Hope you get that sorted soon.

Well, I'm going to see how long these people who Apple recommended as service providers are open tonight, and hopefully, we can get this taken care of in the next week. I'm assuming that if I reinstall Adium on my laptop and am able to reconnect to my account, I'll be able to get all my IM transcripts back. I had a significant amount of fic I was working on that I'm sad to have lost, along with my entire iTunes library, but oh well, it's nothing I can't rewrite/find and burn again.

But, otherwise? Anything I was watching (which is mainly what I'm concerned about losing) was backed up on the external hard drive, my massive ethnography, which is already turned in on hard copy, is backed up on a flash drive, and most of my major documents that were stored on the laptop are saved in the email attatchments they came from.

Well, Des maybe he was talking about Jason Todd who's father was killed by Two-face and he and his mother were beaten to death by the Joker....

Or Tim Drake whos father was killed while Tim was out on patrol by some guy with a boomerang.....

Pray he meant Damian, you know, Bruce's son who was born out of Bruce being drugged and made love to and the child raised to be the worlds greatest killer.....

Oh look a balloon!

"Hey little buddy, remember when you asked what happened to Robin's parents? Well they were killed by mobsters. Just like Batman's mummy and daddy were killed by a crook. Even Batman was killed recently, by an evil vengeful god. Because bad things do happen to good people. So you need to decide if you're going to be good or if you're going to survive. Because good people die. All of them. And the survivors get lollipops, because there are loads left over after all the good people were brutally killed."

I make motion for post of the day.

I could have a chat with him.

I agree with suavestar: Post of the Day! :bowdown:

I would watch it if I could. Sounds so awesome.

Upgrading to a third-party 250 gig hard drive for $150ish, and I'm pretty sure that includes service charge, which isn't half bad. Have to reinstall everything and lost my music library, which is a pain, but meh, what can you do? Should have it back by the end of this week/the beginning of the next.

On a totally unrelated note, I have literally no idea what Vince and Howard are doing in the commerical for this week's "The Mighty Boosh", but I can say that it will be the greatest half hour in the history of television, in one-hundred percent confidence.