Randomness

Missy

I'm currently filling in at work today as a receptionist, and I was given an extra project to work on. The project is done, there have been 3 calls into me all day and I'm the only person on my floor that's working. I'm still 1hr, 45 min. from being done. All this plus a high-speed connection in the middle of nowhere will lead to insane amount of unproductivity.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scientific Attempt to Create the Single Most Annoying Song Ever

I'm about... four minutes in, it's a quarter of the way through, and it's starting to get painful. I think they may have succeeded.

Amazingly, this "most unwanted music" contains little dissonance — that would have been too easy. For the most part, they seem to have tried to assemble these elements in a listenable way.

Komar & Melamid and David Soldier’s list of undesirable elements included holiday music, bagpipes, pipe organ, a children’s chorus and the concept of children in general (really?), Wal-Mart, cowboys, political jingoism, George Stephanopoulos, Coca Cola, bossanova synths, banjo ferocity, harp glissandos, oompah-ing tubas and much, much more. It’s actually a fascinating listen, worthwhile for the opera rapping alone. (We didn’t think that was possible either.)

I've been trying to find this thing I saw about ten years ago during the original hype for the Phantom Menace. The Big Breakfast had Ray Park and Ewan McGregor on and to end the show they went out into the garden so they could do a recreation of the big lightsaber fight, only halfway through one of the swords broke and they just wound up rolling on the grass pretending to beat the crap out of each other. It was the funniest thing at the time but I can't find it anywhere online. Seems like the sort of thing Youtube was made for.