Heath Ledger is dead!

Missy

From TMZ.com:

TMZ has learned that Academy Award nominee Heath Ledger has died in NY.

He was found dead in his bed in one of his residences in Soho by his housekeeper at 3:35 PM ET today. Law enforcement sources tell TMZ they believe it was not a crime.

The 28-year-old actor has a two year old daughter with former fiancee Michelle Williams. He plays The Joker in the upcoming Batman film, "The Dark Knight."

HOLY SHIT!

From TMZ.com:

TMZ has learned that Academy Award nominee Heath Ledger has died in NY.

He was found dead in his bed in one of his residences in Soho by his housekeeper at 3:35 PM ET today. Law enforcement sources tell TMZ they believe it was not a crime.

The 28-year-old actor has a two year old daughter with former fiancee Michelle Williams. He plays The Joker in the upcoming Batman film, "The Dark Knight."

HOLY SHIT!

Damn. Only 28 too?

Seriously, what the fuck... Selfish fucking bastard. He has a daughter to care about and he goes and does this. What exactly is going wrong in his life where he thought it was that bad...

I know you can't ever know what was going on in someone's mind when this happens, but what demons was he battling that it could have gotten to this point.

Even IF there are drugs in his system, can we at least wait till his body's cold before we start jumping on the guy? He was a young man with a little girl and he was showing signs of an incredible career. He's been dead for THREE HOURS. I'm sure details will come out sooner rather than later.

This is a tragedy no matter what led up to it.

I don't have my laptop because it's in the shop, but I heard about this looking over at a classmate's laptop during my statistics class. I couldn't believe it. I still can't. I can't even think straight right now.

By the way, sleeping pills were found by his body. It very well could have been an overdose.

Quick browse of the Oratory to see if there was any extra news, and I see a bunch of guys tripping over themselves to make lame jokes at the guy's expense.

Good to see the place hasn't changed much since I left.

It sounds like an accidental overdose. Whether it was medication or other drugs, who knows. The fact that he was sick from pneumonia when he took it probably helped kill him. It sucks. I've been a fan of his since 10 Things I Hate About You and A Knight's Tale.

This is from an older interview:

“Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night,” he said. “I couldn’t stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going.” One night he took an Ambien, which failed to work. He took a second one and fell into a stupor, only to wake up an hour later, his mind still racing.

It sounds like he might have had a sleep disorder.

Yep, more than happy to take back my original post. I heard pills and dead celebrity and just lashed out. Happy to recant and wait until all the facts are in. Feel free to delete my post or keep it up to remind my of my impulsive stupidity. I had a friend attempt with pills last year so this hit a nerve I guess.

If some one could clarify for me though, they are saying accidental but there were pills spilled on the floor. Wouldn't that indicate some type of binge, not 'the label states take 2, I really need sleep so I'll take 6' sort of thing? But then if he was sick and he took only a mild amount over it could have a really bad effect, if he was already weak from illness. But would that be straight away, causing the 'spilled pills'.

Hell, we're relying on rag trade reports, so I'll just keep my mouth shut on commenting on the circumstances for now shall I.

One thing I thought of, if his performance is as good as we all think it is, this was really going to be his coming out year. Will he become a James Dean type 'tradgedy' story. So much potential, shame what happened, he could have been one of the greats, type thing?