Batman R.I.P. - SPOILERS

Koete

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its pretty clear that it will be Nightwing, since a Kryptonian character of the same name is being debuted as part of the Nightwing/Flamebird team thats taking over Action Comics. Plus Nightwing had that splash page with him holding the empty cowl.

Its a bit odd to be since he already had a go in the role after Knightfall, but I suppose that was only a short run and Bruce was always going to be coming back at that point. This is a genuine succession, the first of the big three DC characters to have an in-continuity like for like replacement (I don't count the four supermen or the fact that Diana's mother was retconned as the original Wonder Woman, in both cases there was clearly only one real person in that role).

Batman joins the host of other DC legacy characters, like Green Lantern, Flash, Wonder Woman and the entire JSA. I really hope that when he returns to the role he's in the JSA instead of the Justice League, its a much better fit at that stage. Dr Midnite and Mr Terrific are practically his sidekicks anyway, they are certainly the most similar heroes in temprement and ability.

Its a bit odd to be since he already had a go in the role after Knightfall

Am I missing something? They didn't offer Dick the role because, as Bruce said, he "didn't want it."

Was Dick ever Batman after Knightfall?

For like, an hour, in bewteen Azrael getting tossed aside and Bruce taking over full time. That was when Batman began not wearing his underwear on the outside for a while.

Its a bit odd to be since he already had a go in the role after Knightfall

Am I missing something? They didn't offer Dick the role because, as Bruce said, he "didn't want it."

Was Dick ever Batman after Knightfall?

For like, an hour, in bewteen Azrael getting tossed aside and Bruce taking over full time. That was when Batman began not wearing his underwear on the outside for a while.

Ha! Leave it to Dick to go commando!

There's been a lot of debate over the true identity of Dr. Hurt. Some say Thomas Wayne, some say Satan himself. I'm going to go way out there and pull a Desmond Reddick: Hurt is Desaad. We know the final fate of Batman will be revealed in Final Crisis #6. What has Final Crisis been about? The New Gods. We've seen in Final Crisis that the New Gods can inhabit the bodies of others. Hurt makes a reference to wearing the skin of the actor Bruce mentions. Hurt has been all about breaking the spirit of Batman. Who is the premiere torturer on Apokolips? Desaad. This last bit I didn't find, it was posted on another forum:

Batman 677, Dr. Hurt: "What we are about to do will be a work of art. Nothing less than the complete and utter ruination of a noble human spirit."

Final Crisis 4, Godfrey to Turpin: "The incubation phase demands the ruin of a powerful, noble spirit."

Isn't Desaad dead?

Also you got to love that about comics, rather than having a storyline be self contained, they convince idiots to buy issues of comics they woulrbn't touch otherwise and have bugger all to do with the story and aren't in the least bit entertaining.

Oh and before anyone points out the obvious: Hello.