What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Midnight on Comedy Central is hilarious. Chris Hardwick hosts a social media themed quickfire panel show covering tweets, amazon reviews etc with categories like "Kesha or review of a Truck Stop Bathroom". One of the better comedy panel shows I've seen in a long time, worth a look.

@Midnight on Comedy Central is hilarious. Chris Hardwick hosts a social media themed quickfire panel show covering tweets, amazon reviews etc with categories like "Kesha or review of a Truck Stop Bathroom". One of the better comedy panel shows I've seen in a long time, worth a look.

If Hardwick's involved, I'm going to guess it goes from dick joke to Dr. Who reference repeatedly.

• 3 weeks later...
Goon: I fully expected this to be entertaining background noise, instead, I found what might be my new favorite sports film. Sean William Scott, who I cannot normally stand, is amazing. He's the antithesis of everything I've ever seen him do. Liev Schreiber is the closest thing the film has to a villain, but he's so pumped with pathos, I was half rooting for him in the climax. Kim "Tig fuckin' Traeger" Coates is a blessing as the coach, Allison "Kim Pine" Pill is a great, realistic love interest. The team of underdogs is both funny and very real. My only complaint is Jay Baruchel's character, but he actually wrote the movie, so I'm inclined to forgive him. A must watch.

• 3 weeks later...

Almost Famous: Director's Cut - Not a fan of this cut. The theatrical cut is already 2 hours, so adding in 40 more minutes makes this way too long. Not to say that everything added was bad. I did enjoy a few of the extended scenes, or more specifically a few lines. But, you can tell why all this was left out and it is just too long. I'll stick with my old copy.

I watched The Image Revolution last night. It wasn't perfect, but it was comprehensive. It was a remarkably warts and all look at the beginnings and evolution of Image Comics. Part of the problem is that it focuses a lot on McFarlane and Liefeld when it is apparent that Silvestri had the most interesting story. Jim Lee too. Hell, Larsen is horribly under-represented, and as the guy who's still doing his comic you'd think they'd give him a little more cred. And where the fuck is Whilce Portacio? It didn't really inform me on much except for how in-depth the Extreme Studios excesses were, but it did solidify things I already knew: Larsen is a humble dude, McFarlane is a prick who doesn't really give a shit about comics, Jim Lee was in over his head for the first ten years, Liefeld is a blowhard and Silvestri is by far the best artist of them all. They all seem to agree with me too. I was certainly inspired by the doc, though, so that buys it a lot of positivity in my eyes. I'd recommend you pre-order it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM3-9JmLqso

It was odd how the crash survivors first instinct was to form an acapella group, The Chromatics of Riddick.

Agreed on the vomit Mike. Judd Apatow added the stomach virus scene to Bridesmaids and actually enhanced the movie, this was just a featherweight use of the same concept that added nothing to the characters.