Random wrestling thoughts

Finally got around to the Shawn vs. Bret DVD. While this was a really good interview/vent session, I feel that they still glossed over some of the issues between the two leading up to the Survivor Series. I did come away with the impression that Shawn doesn't remember those days much and that he is a much different person now. That, and he really seems self conscious about his lazy eye. He was using his baseball cap to keep it in shadow for most of the DVD.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Contents for the blu-ray indicate no ROH matches, they must just be using footage for the documentary. They might have gone for it but the biggest Punk ROH matches are against Joe, Daniels and Aries (all of whom are in TNA), and Raven (who WWE hate).

I guess they're keeping the IWA:MS stuff to a minimum to avoid paying you royalties Mike.

I'm totally buying it though, Punk being so involved is a big plus.

Disc 1 (Documentary)

A New Day

Spaceboy

Backyard Fame

Taking to the Road

Launching Pad

Constantly Learning

Dark Cloud

Not the Prototype

Outcast Champion

Having Fun

A Challenge

Saving Society

Frustrated Beyond Belief

Hometown High-Pressured Situation

The MAN

Special Features

High School Sports

CM Punk – the Name

Skull Fracture

OVW vs. Albright

From Extra to Champion

December to Dismember

1st Impressions

In-Ring Style

It’s Clobbering Time

The Hat

“The Most Insulting Thing You Could Say To Me”

A Conversation with Lars

Title in the Fridge

Natalie’s T-Shirt

“Teenage Anarchist”

Finals Match in the OVW World Heavyweight Championship Tournament

Brent Albright vs. CM Punk

Ohio Valley Wrestling 1st March, 2006

CM Punk vs. Justin Credible

ECW 1st August, 2006

ECW Championship Last Chance Match

CM Punk vs. John Morrison

ECW 4th September, 2007

Money in the Bank Ladder Match

Chris Jericho vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. John Morrison vs. Carlito vs. CM Punk vs. MVP vs. Mr. Kennedy

WrestleMania XXIV 30th March, 2008

World Tag Team Championship Match

CM Punk & Kofi Kingston vs. Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase

RAW 27th October, 2008

No Disqualification Match for the Intercontinental Championship

CM Punk vs. William Regal

RAW 19th January, 2009

Artwork is temporary

Disc 2

Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match for the World Heavyweight Championship

Jeff Hardy vs. CM Punk

SummerSlam 23rd August, 2009

Rey Mysterio Joins the SES vs. CM Punk’s Hair

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk

Over the Limit 23rd May, 2010

WWE Championship Match

John Cena vs. CM Punk

Money in the Bank 17th July, 2011

WWE Championship Match

CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho

WrestleMania XXVIII 1st April, 2012

WWE Championship Match

CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan

Over the Limit 20th May, 2012

Blu-ray Exclusive Content

No Plan B

Saxophone

Easter Greeting

Chicken Wings and Apple Pie

Most Recognizable Tattoo

Fish Tattoo

Traveling with Ace

No Microphone

ECW Arena Match

Hanging with Eddie Guerrero

Trainer

Driving Away With the Title

Wrestling Camp

“They’re Gonna Hate Me”

Six People, One Room

I’m a Paul Heyman Guy

The Marathon

@CMPunk

The Bus Tour

Kofi’s Challenge

WrestleMania Day

A Day at the Ball Field

True Respect

Finals Match in the Intercontinental Championship Tournament

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk

Armageddon 14th December, 2008

What really confuses me is the timing of the firing. He makes the joke on RAW. Then works Smackdown. Then works RAW. Then works Smackdown. Then gets fired. If you want to make it a PR firing, you do it the day after. Two weeks later seems weird.

It was his follow up comments, saying he hoped Linda would be elected, so's that everyone at WWE could stop walking on egg shells, that pushed them to fire him.

The three hour RAWs have been declining in quality week after week. And I find that the pacing has been weird as well. I believe it was last week where 2-4 matches started with someone not getting an entrance. And it is not like these shows are booked that tight. Or this weeks show, where the last thirty minutes had absolutely no flow whatsoever.

I will most likely give it another few weeks, but I really see me watching it on Tuesday afternoon. (Granted, with NFL & MNF soon, I would do that anyway. So, I guess WWE has until Jan. to convince me live is better.)

I've been making a point to watch it off the PVR, skip the filler and commericals, makes it much easier.

This is pretty much how I watch RAW every week. Even when it was a two hour show, I'd be lucky if I spent more than an hour watching it. That's why I'm not too bothered about the show being three hours now. At worst, it's just more stuff to skip through.

• 4 weeks later...

I have not been watching live. I checked the forums and saw that this thread had been posted in. I decided to watch RAW first, least I see some spoilers and such.

I am fast forwarding it, so I skipped the tag match. Then I see Cole talking and stop to listen and damn. One of those blood run cold moments. I stopped watching and checked online to see if he was okay. Glad that this situation didn't end worse.

I hope this marks the end his in ring career. It just isn't worth it at this point.

From Stacy Carter's facebook (she's at the hospital in Montreal for those questioning the source):

"The docs are removing his ventilation & taking him out of sedation. He is responsive, which is great!!! It took a while to revive him last night so there's the concern of brain damage. He had some tests done which will show how much if any damage there is due to the lack of oxygen to his brain. Unfortunately, the results won't be in until in the morning."

Those Smith Hart rumors may not have been 100% off the mark. Fingers crossed for the man.

Brian Christopher:

“Ok, here’s the latest real update. Lauren and I are here at the hospital in Montreal. He does not look good at all. He is responsive to questions that he is asked which is very good. His sedation and breathing support are being lowered slowly right now. He was shocked a total of 7 times at the arena and underwent a balloon stint to open up a clogged artery when he arrived at hospital. Everyone out there needs to say a special prayer for his brain at this point, please. Tests on his brain will not be available until the morning. One of us two will keep all you guys informed as we know more.”