Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be fair, that's his gimmick. I do hope they bring him up as a similar masked man, I don't want to see a tan guy called Bench McClusky showing up on NXT in a couple of months.

Yes I picked a random name and something in my field of vision for the name. In the true wwe fashion.

Rumors have been circulating all day long that WWE Divas Champion Eve Torres would be leaving the WWE after her match against Kaitlyn during tonight's episode of Monday Night Raw. Kaitlyn would win the match, and with it the Divas Championship, confirming Wrestlezone's earlier report.

During the commercial break, Eve quit in an interview with WWE's "Second Screen" app. WWE.com has the full story here. Her profile was immediately removed from WWE's website.

Eve joins the laundry list of former Divas to leave the company in the last 12 months, including Beth Phoenix, the Bella Twins, Kelly Kelly, Kharma, and several developmental talents.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/266625-breaking-top-wwe-diva-quits-after-raw-match

Finished the match portion of the Punk DVD. I still question the match selection. Not the lack of indy stuff, but more the random matches. The Extreme Rules Jericho match was better than their Mania match. Mysterio and Punk have had better matches than the hair match. Do the same people, but the better match in the series.

Also, the crowd is great to watch in the final three matches. Insane for the MITB title match, largely silent (or open air stadium problems) for Mania, and then very hot for Punk/Bryan. Makes the Jericho match seem less important.

Onto the Dusty Rhodes set next, if you will.

Off the top of my head, Nexus Punk vs. Mysterio at Capital Punishment was a better match.

I just hate the long 'injury' break in the match. Match only went 13ish minutes, and at least three were Rey being dead after tackling the barber chair. Hair matches always seem rushed as the match time is cut to make time for the hair cutting

I was going to write about Jim Duggan teaming up with Demoltion in a 6-man tag against Andre the Giant and the Twin Towers (is that right?) at a Survivor Series...until I remembered it was a Summerslam. One of my all-time favorite matches.

Edit: Y'know...looking back, as a kid I never realized how ridiculously racist a white biker named Akeem in a dashiki was.

PS: Jesse Ventura on color-commentary was the fucking greatest.