Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just took these quizzes. I got 2012 perfect, but not so well on the two prior years. I remember a time that I could recite title lineages backwards and forwards. Not so much anymore.

2012 2011 2010

I got 39 out of 62 for 2011. It was the Diva's, and TNA mid-card titles that I just couldn't get, that and I forgot about Otunga and McGuillicutty were a tag team.

I am not a fan of the cut-out style. Too much black in the centerpiece. But if you are going to change it now is the time. Mania + Rock + NYC = most eyeballs on a new style belt. I do question what happens with the side plates. The above has WWE logos while the Rock's has his 'logo' in that spot. With no nameplate, it could be a way to say who is champion. Or it could just be a special thing for the Rock. Most likely the latter.

At this point, I don't think anything will be better than the World Heavyweight Championship. It is classic and if you have any crossover into real sports it is always the belt chosen.

I will refer you to exhibit A:

12724.jpg

True, weed is low on their banned substance list. However, getting arrested for procession is not a good thing. Add in the timing (Mania = most eyeballs on the product) and I could see them switching things. They are far enough out that any change wouldn't have to be rushed. Stupid yes, but not rushed.

I really, really doubt Swagger is going to come out unharmed by this. He's put a whole lot of unwanted attention on himself. And I doubt Dutch is okay with any of this, since his own granddaughter died in a car crash with a guy that was speeding while under the influence of drugs.

Swagger is a fucking idiot.

Swagger is a fucking idiot.

He really is.

Anyway, question for old school wCw fans. I'm watching the best of Nitro Volume 2, and I've always wondered, why is the announce (Dave Penzer?) inaudible? I mean I can almost hear him, yet it's mostly static. I know he used to announce for TNA as well, and it's always bothered me, why would they have an announcer you couldn't really hear, yet when wrestlers took the mic from him, it was always clear as a bell?