• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Finished a few DVD releases this week:

Top 50 Finishers - It is a list DVD, so you know what you are getting going in. Only notes are that Regal & Striker are the only ones pointing out how and why these moves are 'effective'. RAW is 3 hours. Give Striker three minutes each week to explain some moves. I think it would help someone like Cesaro really get his finish over. Or help guys like Barrett when they switch finishes.

ECW Unreleased, Vol. 1 - ECW is one of those things were I will always watch new DVDs, and afterwards wonder why. I am not a fan of the big mainstays, so I don't get it. I enjoy the Guerrero/Malenko ECW. I really enjoy the Yoshihiro Tajiri ECW. Not so much the Sabu, RVD, Sandman ECW. But for some reason I love Masato Tanaka and his incredibly stupid life choices.

Falls Count Anywhere & Ladder Match 2 - Only way I made it thru these was to alternate between the two and ECW and taking two months. Match after match of the same gimmick match gets old real fast. I will at least give the Ladder match DVD credit for adding in non-WWE stuff. Even if the SMW Candido vs. Smothers match (for $2500) was so poorly thought out. Or the OVW womens match that was rather bad. They were different and I give credit for that.

Give Striker three minutes each week to explain some moves. I think it would help someone like Cesaro really get his finish over. Or help guys like Barrett when they switch finishes.

They tried to have Striker on commentary for Smackdown and PPV's. That all ended at Royal Rumble 2011, when he started "Marking out" for the returns of Booker T and Diesel. Yes, he actually said "I'm marking out right now" during the commentary for the match. That, and The King and Cole supposedly hated working with him.

Give Striker three minutes each week to explain some moves. I think it would help someone like Cesaro really get his finish over. Or help guys like Barrett when they switch finishes.

They tried to have Striker on commentary for Smackdown and PPV's. That all ended at Royal Rumble 2011, when he started "Marking out" for the returns of Booker T and Diesel. Yes, he actually said "I'm marking out right now" during the commentary for the match. That, and The King and Cole supposedly hated working with him.

I was more talking about a Sport Science ripoff than having Striker on commentary. He didn't gel well with anybody.

Finally getting around to watching the non-documentary discs of the CM Punk set. Random thoughts during Disc II:

- This Brent Albright match seems like an odd choice to put on the disc. Seems like they would have had a better match at some point, without the injury angle that grinded everything to a halt.

- Watching old Punk is odd. Most wrestlers seem to age 15 years in every 3. Punk actually looks the same, if not younger than he does during these OVW/ECW matches. I think it has much to do with him being really huge for his frame during that time period. Somewhat linked; I seemed to be looking at his tattoo progression as well.

- Manu. He was no Bam Neely.

- The crowd during the Morrison match seemed to be super sweetened. Everyone on the hard camera side looked rather silent until the finish, which did not jive with the crowd noise.

- Kofi and Cody has improved a lot since 2008. At least with Kofi, it is easy to think he has been the exact same since his debut. Watching this, he is much smoother and sure of what to do.

- I remember when MVP made his debut and I hated his ring gear. Looking back, it was awesome. It was different and made him stand out.

- William Regal is special. Every little thing he did during this match added something. Also, nice to see a No DQ match were the rope break rule was not still enforced. Logical.