Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's everything a finisher should be. It looks cool and you can do it to literally anyone.

Too often I'll see some contrived move and wonder how the conversation went in the back.

"What's your finish?"

"I lift the guy into a fireman's carry then rotate him 47 degrees whilst I do a backflip."

"What's your finish?"

"Knee to the face."

Finished the Undertaker The Streak set on Netflix. I gotta say, it was not that great. Interesting look at the evolution of the character, but the matches lack in quality. I would say two are epic (Michaels I & II) and a few others are good (Batista, Edge, Triple H III). But most are average (Flair, Triple H I, Sid, Orton), below average (Show/Albert, Nash, Henry, Kane II), to downright shit (Snuka, Roberts, Bundy, Gonzalez, Kane, Bossman, Triple H II). I knew this going in, but I was still let down with his matches, mainly post Mania XX.

Randomly, his best entrance was vs. Batista. Had the druids, walking out of a room of light with the long coat and hat. Awesome visual. I was never a fan of his black robe & hood.

• 2 weeks later...

Sabu very rarely ever had good matches, in the traditional sense. He was always sold more on his aura and the sense of danger that came with him than anything else.

The only really good ones I can think of off the top of my head.

vs Taz at Barely Legal

vs Terry Funk and Shane Douglas (the first three way)

vs Cactus Jack 1994 (the beer bottle match)

vs Rey at One Night Stand

teaming with RVD vs Shinzaki and Hayabusa at Heatwave 98

He had a bunch teaming with RVD, but a lot of that had to do with their opponents (The Eliminators, Furnas and Kroffat).

• 3 weeks later...