Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't know that Andre one. The Shockmaster is obviously hilarious but it wasn't seriously a big angle that was ruined. Besides, it was a setup by the guys backstage who had some wood nailed across to trip him.

As for the rest, even without looking at this list I'd have bet money it included

-One of WWE's self proclaimed badasses taking liberties

-Jeff Hardy being a drugged out moron

-Vince Russo

Randomly found out that Ring of Honor is coming to Columbus in two weeks. I know the very basics of the product these days, but I have never had a bad live experience with them. Worth checking out I think.

And I had a bad live experience. Probably a 'me' issue, but when I went to the shows in Dayton, GA tickets were for raised bleachers. Here, everything was on the same level and I couldn't see shit until I stood at the back of the room.

I got their early for the Corino/Hardy Q&A session. I figured why not? Well, the why not is because they did everything in kayfabe and I don't understand why. As iPPV hype, it wasn't effective as staying in kayfabe seemed to piss everyone off.

As for the matches, nothing engaged me. The crowd loved Alexander/Richards, but it was the 'ROH' match to a T. Hit every move ever and then kick-out at 2. Repeatedly. Then you had a 6-man tag that brawled into the crowd, which resulted in me not seeing anything for 15 minutes.

I think I have passed ROH. It isn't that their style hasn't changed. More so that it worked with the talent they had and not so much now.

• 3 weeks later...

Watched the new Mick Foley documentary and found it rather pointless. His story is just so well known at this point that I don't think this really added anything. It also falls into the same 'last 20 minutes are paced horrible' trap that every single WWE documentaries does.

Side comment: The Miz. On these sets of Attitude Era guys, Miz seems like the perfect person to get because he was the ultimate fanboy during that time. But he just comes off as such a tool that it isn't worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone that's not watching NXT are missing out on some of the best gimmicks the company has had in a long time. Every single person on the show, if not a great worker, is a distinct personality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BirErOMcm0U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIgLoeBUSas

He's been Joseph Park for over a year now, so the build is beyond dead. I don't see him ever turning back for good, since the entire purpose of the gimmick was to get away from mutilating his body. I see it ending in a twist where they are actually two different people and Abyss just leaves for good.

Just finished Money in the Bank. Overall, I give the show a thumbs in the middle, leaning down. The World Title MITB match was the best match. Interesting dynamics as the crowd treated everyone in the match (sans Swagger really) with babyface reactions. A few innovative spots and no real lulls. Cena/Henry was one of the slowest matches I've seen, but it was entertaining. Henry figured out how to not do much and make it work. Divas match was okay and not 98 seconds which is nice.

Then the other MITB match happened. I don't think putting all the older guys in one match was a good idea in hindsight. Everyone looked beat to shit in the first three minutes. Punk just doesn't look right since he came back. RVD looked just like TNA RVD and old. And I don't think I like the matches coming out of this. Once Bryan was taken out of the match, the crowd was done. That was a perfect end to the match with Bryan doing his hot tag routine at x3 the speed. Now it seems like he would go into a feud with Axel at SummerSlam, which is just lame.

Everything else I skipped because I skip pretty much everything involving Del Rio, Ryback & The Miz.

Just finished Money in the Bank. Overall, I give the show a thumbs in the middle, leaning down. The World Title MITB match was the best match. Interesting dynamics as the crowd treated everyone in the match (sans Swagger really) with babyface reactions. A few innovative spots and no real lulls. Cena/Henry was one of the slowest matches I've seen, but it was entertaining. Henry figured out how to not do much and make it work. Divas match was okay and not 98 seconds which is nice.

Then the other MITB match happened. I don't think putting all the older guys in one match was a good idea in hindsight. Everyone looked beat to shit in the first three minutes. Punk just doesn't look right since he came back. RVD looked just like TNA RVD and old. And I don't think I like the matches coming out of this. Once Bryan was taken out of the match, the crowd was done. That was a perfect end to the match with Bryan doing his hot tag routine at x3 the speed. Now it seems like he would go into a feud with Axel at SummerSlam, which is just lame.

Everything else I skipped because I skip pretty much everything involving Del Rio, Ryback & The Miz.

I agree with you, the world MITB was solid, but the "All Star" one just missed something. You missed nothing in the matches you skipped, Del Rio/Ziggler was nowhere near as good as their Payback match, The Miz is a horrible face, who deserved to get booed, and Ryback/Jericho just sucked all the air out of the room and had a flat, dull finish.

The thing I found strangest was during the world title MITB, was the fans routinely chanting "We, the people" which I found a bit odd, chanting the heels catchphrase.

This was easily the worst MITB PPV, which, considering how great 2010-2012 were, is still a pretty good show.

There's a warrant out on Flair, because he owes his wife over $30,000 in alimony.

To be fair, this time it's due to him being hospitalised and his son dying.

Still amazing to me to that Flair has to pay out that kind of money, as though he was still 1980's Flair at his peak.

From what I've read, Flair probably still lives like he's earning as much as he did during his peak.