Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know, I really hope someone new wins the rumble. I know that won't happen, but it's nice to hope.

I hope this every year and it never ever happens. It's going to be either Shawn or Hunter.

Pot use on the RAW side has been out of control for a while now. That's why Kendrick was fired and the fines have gone up. Swagger is apparently one of the guys that's fine with just paying the "pot tax" and it's a big part of the reason he's being buried. They're making an example out of him.

Just had a thought, the whole Money in the Bank is Vince's reason for not pushing someone with a Rumble win, he can tell himself and newbies that their chance to shine is the MITB, which is even better than a Rumble win..... The problem with the Rumble win is that it's a shot at wrestlemania title match, so you know at any given time there are probably only 10 guys that Vince would give that two (over the 2 shows). Add to that any current story lines and it will probably whittle that 10 down to 6. It's not very enticing for the fans.

It's his own fault. If smoking pot is more important to you than your career, then I have no sympathy.

I'm not sure about that being his issue. Was that confirmed by anyone?

Regarding smoking pot, I mixed. Yes, its technically against the law and it wouldn't look good for it to be omitted by the WWE Wellness Policy, but I do think that its preferable to prescription pain management alternatives. Pot has a much lesser chance at ruining lives than pill addictions do. Bear in mind I'm intimately acquainted with the issues and downside of excessive pot use, I've seen it first hand. I just don't see a problem with a guy lighting up a joint rather than popping an ever increasing number of prescription meds to deal with the pain and injuries that wrestlers inevitably incur.

It's his own fault. If smoking pot is more important to you than your career, then I have no sympathy.

One of the most recent editions of Wrestling Observer Radio. Bryan and Dave confirmed it in that annoying way they have a habit of doing, wherein they'll make mention of something, assume that everyone listening knows about it, and quickly move on to a 45 minute conversation about [insert MMA fighter here] making weight.

Bryan: So yeah, Swagger got jobbed again.

Dave: Well, you know, the whole pot thing...

Bryan: So, Strikeforce this weekend!

Well Stavros, your missing one simple thing about the issue. Vince hates smoking and smokers.

That's irrelevant. It's an illegal drug and they're a publicly traded company. They have to fine for it.

One of the most recent editions of Wrestling Observer Radio. Bryan and Dave confirmed it in that annoying way they have a habit of doing, wherein they'll make mention of something, assume that everyone listening knows about it, and quickly move on to a 45 minute conversation about [insert MMA fighter here] making weight.

Bryan: So yeah, Swagger got jobbed again.

Dave: Well, you know, the whole pot thing...

Bryan: So, Strikeforce this weekend!

I do listen to those, but I thought they only confirmed that for Evan? I thought the Swagger thing was still an 'unknown offence'. Must have missed it.

Watching a history of the nWo bulk buy I bought when I was on the Oratory years back. It's 43 DVDs - every single match, promo, and segment from Scott Hall's debut to the formation of the nWo Wolfpac.

It's equally fascinating and infuriating.