Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man, I missed Edge. That crack at Jericho's arrest was awesome.

Shatner doing dramatic readings of the WWE them songs was good, but I wished he had done some older ones like Eddie Guerrero.

Shatner, Raw Match negotiator was great. Also bonus to Miz for calling him TJ Hooker. I don't think I've ever heard the 3 tag team match being referred to as a triple threat before. Wasn't there another name for it?

I know a lot of people were saying there was going to be a street fight with Bret and Vince, but after watching tonight it looks like Bret is in no shape to do anything. They never threw any shots near his face(hence the dumb jacket over his face to cover it) which I imagine is because there is a chance of another stroke. Vince spitting in his face was awesome, but it would have made more sense to slap him around a bit first.

It's pretty clear at this point that their leading to Cena vs Batista with Bret and Vince in their corners, which will put heat on a boring match and allow Bret to do the sharpshooter spot at the end.

It's pretty clear at this point that their leading to Cena vs Batista with Bret and Vince in their corners, which will put heat on a boring match and allow Bret to do the sharpshooter spot at the end.

I'm fine with that. Aside from anything else Vince doesn't need to be in the ring any more than Bret does. I'm fine with them cornering Cena and Batista, that way they can do a couple of spots and leave the heavy lifting to guys who can actually do it.

I really see this failing. I'm sorry, but a lot of the developmental guys really really suck, and outside of Low-ki (and don't get me wrong, I love that he'll finally get on TV because of this), no one really stands out. I don't know why they think a show with 20 Trent Barettas is somehow going to do a better rating than the current ECW with Christian carrying the entire roster to good matches. It's the same people booking, so I don't see the big difference.

Have to agree with Dubs. Anyone whose seen FCW recently knows how utterly generically poor that roster is. Its not like OVW eight years ago, the pickings are very slim. I meant, WWE could afford to screw up Basham, Damaja and Dinsmore because they go Batista, Orton and Cena. I might be wrong but I don't see any of those guys on the FCW roster.

Have to agree with Dubs. Anyone whose seen FCW recently knows how utterly generically poor that roster is. Its not like OVW eight years ago, the pickings are very slim. I meant, WWE could afford to screw up Basham, Damaja and Dinsmore because they go Batista, Orton and Cena. I might be wrong but I don't see any of those guys on the FCW roster.

Lets be honest, it's just going to be what ECW is now, just under a new name, and is more marketable to kids.

From what I understand, it's going to be developmental guys against main roster guys. It won't be an all developmental suck fest.

More Raw hosts announced:

February 22, 2010: Jewel & Ty Murray

What does two-time Grammy Award winner Jewel and nine-time bull riding world champion Ty Murray have in common? They are a celebrity power couple ready to bring even more action and excitement to Monday Night Raw live from Indianapolis.

March 8, 2010: Criss Angel

Raw will bring extra magic and quite possibly blow your mind only three weeks before WrestleMania as the “mindfreak” himself, Criss Angel, hosts Raw from Portland, Ore.

Am I the only one excited to see Santino Merella do a Criss Angel impersonation?

Kill the guest host thing, kill it now. put it out of its misery, thwack it with a shovel and bury it in the desert. Its not even as though I care when they bring in people I do like. I'm a huge Shatner fan and didn't give a flying monkeys that he was on. Its just going to be the same writers pumping out the same lukewarm effluent show after show. Let them write some wrestling instead of pimping whatever hackneyed crap the guest wants to promote to the lowest common denominator that is the modern wrestling fan.

A Renfrewshire-based company in Scotland has come under threat from US media giants after a global enterprise decided to use their name and tagline.

Global media giants World Wrestling Entertainment have recently announced their plans to launch WWE:NXT, the NXT Generation of wrestling. This has since been a cause for concern for Scottish promotion NXT Wrestling, a local company who risk getting squashed in favour of the multi-million dollar WWE headed by Vince McMahon.

NXT Wrestling was announced in 2006 and launched in 2007 as a way of giving young men with dreams their chance to break free from their lives and live for a few moments in the spotlight. NXT and it's associated promotion the Scottish Wrestling Alliance have strived to bring quality family entertainment to towns and halls across the West of Scotland, culminating in the struggle to bring an ailing genre into the spotlight with events in Kelvin Hall, and has helped raise funds for charities including Torkhill Childrens Foundation.

When WWE announced their new brand as NXT, using the same tagline 'NXT Generation' and emphasis on developmental talent, staff and employee's began to worry when they woke up to the new on Wednesday morning.

"We have had no direct contact from WWE regarding this matter but we welcome any conversation or resolution they would like to put forward." Commented Peter Murphy, owner of the Scottish Wrestling Alliance.

"Everyone at the Scottish Wrestling Alliance is honoured that WWE have decided to name their latest product after SWA's feeder programme, NXT. We would like to assure our fans that the original NXT is still leading the way for trainees in Scotland and the shows on 6th February, Spittal Community Centre, Rutherglen, 19th February, Bargarran Community Centre, Erskine, March 6th, Viewpark Community Centre, Uddingston and March 19th, Links Community Centre, Cumbernauld are all still due to go ahead as advertised."

After long and careful planning, SWA:NXT made it’s debut in January 2007 as a promotion designed to showcase up and coming talent within Scotland in conjunction with SWA’s Area 52 wrestling school. In 2009 NXT Wrestling split from the Scottish Wrestling Alliance to stand on it’s own two feet, taking it’s own creative direction in September last year.

The goal within the company is to give younger talent an opportunity to showcase their abilities and get noticed. Several of our NXT talents over the years have gone on to work across the UK, gain international interest and win NWA Heavyweight championships. NXT promoted shows across the West of Scotland with our next event scheduled this weekend, February 6th in Rutherglen which features some fresh young talent who have risen through the ranks of their training facility and earned their place on the event.

I really don't think this will be an issue since the WWE NXT will be a North American program, and the other one is in Scotland. They will probably just not use the NXT name when they go overseas. It does kind of sound like this guy wants a payday though. WWE wouldn't make a decision like this without their lawyers looking at it first.

Corporations can be dumb and/or dodgy though. Either thinking that David won't know or will be too scared of taking on Goliath. Recently here in Australia and new airline took on the name of a company that provides flight simulation software. The airline was here and this other company was Hawaiian from memory, but still, shows that things like these happen.

With all the possibilities out there, why risk doing something similar. Why not just go with iWrestling2.0 :)