Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Miz responds to the criticism about mentoring Daniel Bryan:

There has been a lot of controversy this week about me mentoring Daniel Bryan on WWE's new show, WWE NXT.

I've read a lot of interviews, blogs, ect. about the matter and they all seem to be asking the same thing. "Why is The Miz mentoring Daniel Bryan when Daniel Bryan has wrestled all over the world for 10 years plus?"

It's come to my knowledge that some members of the WWE Universe think they know everything about WWE and what it takes to be a WWE Superstar. They think that if a guy does well in the independent minor leagues, then all of a sudden he should be in the WWE.

They think that if a guy can main event in front of a hundred people at a bingo hall, then he's ready to main event at WrestleMania. Just because fans on the Internet say you’re ready doesn't mean you really are.

Just because a fat guy with no teeth who sits in the front row, buys your T-shirt and says you're the king of wrestling, doesn't mean you really are.

What the WWE Universe doesn't understand is there is so much more then I can describe in a single blog involved in being successful in the WWE.

My job is to make Daniel Bryan a star in the WWE, because let's face it, if you look at a picture of him right now, do you think STAR?

No, Daniel Bryan looks like my accountant ... ordinary and bland.

Maybe if he had The Miz's charisma and look, he would have been in the WWE by now. Don't hate on me because it didn't take me a decade to get a WWE contract and go down in WWE history to be the first Superstar to win the United States Title and Unified Tag Team Titles.

Don't get me wrong, Daniel Bryan has all the talent in the world, but every wrestler has weaknesses. And that's what my job is, to find his weakness and make him the biggest star possible.

I just hope Daniel Bryan doesn't believe himself what these ignorant members of the WWE Universe believe about him, or WWE NXT is going to be a nightmare for him.

They think that if a guy can main event in front of a hundred people at a bingo hall, then he's ready to main event at WrestleMania.

I'm pretty sure the Tokyo Dome holds about 500 times more than that.

Maybe if he had The Miz's charisma and look, he would have been in the WWE by now. Don't hate on me because it didn't take me a decade to get a WWE contract and go down in WWE history to be the first Superstar to win the United States Title and Unified Tag Team Titles.

WWE_Smackdown_Big_Show_Domination_751184.jpg

The whole thing is kinda bullshit anyway, since it's clearly in character and they're going to play it into the show somehow.

Regal's the better choice anyway, plus these coaching gigs only last four months and they are a guaranteed way for the mentors to be on TV earning a cheque. Its good they picked a selection of mentors, no-one would care if they were all undercard guys. Throwing Punk and Jericho in was very smart, hopefully next season we get HHH. That would be something to see.

67341128.jpg

That would be so awesome if true.

Definitely not true but still funny. Mind you if NXT takes off we are going to start seeing a big influx of new talent to meet the requirements of the show (24 new potential superstars per year who are ready for TV). I'm guessing that Colt will be coming back through at some point, since they'll need guys who are already talented and have good TV personalities, even if they don't think they'll make it to the main roster. We are going to start seeing some serious rotation of talent in and out of the indies and developmental, because those ROH/ex TNA guys are far more ready to have a good match on TV than a lot of the guys they would have to bring up otherwise.

Money in the bank, is nearly definetly going to be taken off of wrestlemania. Because they now have MITB PPV.

That'll annoy some people. Its the only shot a lot of midcarders have at getting a Wrestlemania payday.

Plus, it's my favourite match on the PPV. It's a great set up match and gets you in the mood for the big matches to come. Also, the MITB gives guys at least a $5,000 minimum for a one night pay off for a PPV they usually might not be on.

Undertaker suffered burns to his chest as a result of a pyrotechnic malfunction during his entrance when flames reached and burned his jacket as he made his way ringside for his match at tonight's Elimination Chamber pay-per-view.

Upon catching on fire, he immediately ripped off his coat and sprinted towards the ring. He then doused himself with bottles of water before and during his scheduled match in the Elimination Chamber.

Company sources indicate Taker was extremely upset about the situation upon returning to the locker room, though officials worked to calm him down.

Ouch

I don't think anyone begrudges Taker his time off, the man is a wreck. Not surprised he held it together in the match though, his commitment to character is legend. That's why there's never going to be an Undertaker autobiography or anything like that, he wants the character to be his legacy.

According to F4WOnline.com, there is talk within WWE right now of claiming Shawn Michaels was behind the pyro incident involving The Undertaker at last night's Elimination Chamber PPV.

According to the report, WWE is looking to see if they have an impressive, tight camera angle where the pyro incident occurred.

We'll know tonight whether or not the company leans in that direction.