Random wrestling thoughts

He was under the ring at the time, what did he do, bribe the pyro guy to do something that would make him lose his job? And why would he be under the ring waiting if he was trying to take Taker out with a fireball? What's his excuse, he only had the 10ft ball of flame set to light toast so Taker could still make it to the ring?

Attempted murder is a long way for a supposed babyface to go, even one as messed up as Shawn. No way does that indecent make any sense for Shawn. Best case, Taker is lightly toasted and basically OK to continue, making it pointless. Worst case Taker dies in a horrible burning inferno, Shawn goes to jail and never gets his Mania match.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

World Wrestling Entertainment spokesman Robert Zimmerman told the St. Louis based Riverfront Times newspaper that Undertaker's fire accident at last night's Elimination Chamber pay-per-view was due to "a mistiming with the pyrotechnics."

He added that Undertaker was only allowed to perform after being cleared by a ringside physician.

"Thank God he was fine," Zimmerman said. "It basically amounted to a sunburn. It wasn't over a large area of his body, just a short area, just a little bit on his chest."

When asked if the incident will cause WWE to review or change their procedures for having flamethrowers as part of their productions, Zimmerman replied, "I don't know. I haven't spoken to anyone to find out what was the cause, if it was timing, if there was something wrong with whatever. We have to go back and investigate and make a final determination."

Via Twitter, Jim Ross also commented on Taker's fiery mishap.

"Undertaker is ok from what I understand but "lucky." He's a tuf as they come w/o question."

Did anyone see the physician look at him before the match? Nobody reported it if they did.

Guest DCAUFan1051

That stuff on Undertaker's face I believe was spray tan caught in his beard. The WWE guys go overboard with the stuff.

that makes sense, it still looked like grey poupon mustard to me though :D

I completely forgot to watch the main event last night. Started watching other stuff.

ok the Undertaker Vs HBK Round 2 Wrestlemania nah! not interested.... is it just me or did Undertaker have mustard all over his face.

You're really not interested in HBK/Taker. After THAT video package, hell never mind the fact htye had the match of the year last year. I'm as psyched for that match as ever.

Guest DCAUFan1051

ok the Undertaker Vs HBK Round 2 Wrestlemania nah! not interested.... is it just me or did Undertaker have mustard all over his face.

You're really not interested in HBK/Taker. After THAT video package, hell never mind the fact htye had the match of the year last year. I'm as psyched for that match as ever.

saw the match last year.. it's gonna be the same thing this year.. I still say meh.. but that's just me.

saw the match last year.. it's gonna be the same thing this year.. I still say meh.. but that's just me.

Your forgetting they just added the drama of streak VS career on Raw.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Your forgetting they just added the drama of streak VS career on Raw.

no I'm not Suave lol... the streak was on the line last year... and after all the JBL owning Shawn storyline... honestly having his career in the balance ain't that appealing to me.... again just my opinion.

Taker vs Michaels looks amazing this year, really solid build based on some great character work and long term storytelling. Should be the highlight of the show even if the match isn't up to last years, which is a very tall order.

Edge vs Jericho should have a great build, those men are the best there is at getting the right reactions both in the build and in a match.

Cena vs Batista is shockingly great thanks to how much of a heel GOD Batista is right now. This is simply the best that man has ever been as a performer, and he does it all with such subtle dickish evil that its a joy to watch.

Bret vs Vince I'm not looking forward to but its Wrestlemania and I'm sure they'll get the reaction they deserve and find a way to make this entertaining.

HHH vs Sheamus is meh without the title. Might as well open the show.

Miz & Big Show should defend the belts if there is any justice, both men deserve a spot on Mania. MVP and Henry might be a bit too jobbed out but they could always gets some singles wins in the next month to build them up.

Punk vs Rey should be another hot issue, Punks been on a roll recently. This might be the best match on the show, both men are motivated right now.

Legacy explodes will be nothing until they decide who they want to be babyface and who they want heel.

Mitb looks to be an 8 man, with Christian already mentioned. Hopefully they fill it out with Shelton, Kingston, Evan Bourne, Yoshi Tatsu, John Morrison, Matt Hardy, Primo and Zach Ryder. McIntyre and Carlito will probably get spots though, which is ost irritating since Primo's so great and gets almost no play.

They'll throw in a womens match too, probably not for a title but they'll throw one in there. I'd have said Gail vs Maryse but no-one needs to see that again anytime soon. McCool vs Mickie is cooling off too. 10 girl tag to buffer some main events I'd say.

Mania looks GREAT this year. Ten matches, the option of pushing the women or (hopefully not) the tag title down to the pre-show. Then again 4 hours between them should be fine. Its not like HHH vs Sheamus needs long. Heck, that match doesn't even need to be on the show.

NXT tonight! Bryan Danielson on WWE TV! Woot!

Very weird seeing Bryan on TV, but its clear that they want to make his issue with Miz the main focus of this show. Crazy format though, the camerawork deliberately makes the arena and ring area smaller. Unsurprisingly this felt a lot like FCW on WWE tv, with Michael Cole as the heel colour guy. Striker was being a dick too. I know its WWE and they can't talk openly about the indies but I remember Matt Striker working local New York indies in 2005 when Bryan was still the best american wrestler not in WWE. Striker would have killed for a spot in ROH back then.

Clearly Bryan was the only one they trusted to work a great match, and I'm glad they let his biggest strength show in the main event. A lot of people in WWE are going to look forward to working with Bryan.

Angle idea. Darren Young loses a bunch and then finally submits to Punk and agrees to have his head shaved. Punk goes to shave it, the wig comes off, the scalp under is pale, its John Cena in blackface and has been all along.

I would have NO IDEA if you put John Cena in a wig that matched and doused him in body paint. Facially they are way too similar, so similar that you'd think if Young ditched the fake tan post NXT they could work an angle with this. He could be the Brian Lee to Cena's Undertaker. He could use the old music, do raps, be the evil John Cena.

WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar Paul Burchill as of today February 26, 2010. We wish Paul Burchill the best in all future endeavors.

Also:

WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar Shane Helms (Hurricane) as of today February 26, 2010. We wish Shane Helms (Hurricane) the best in all future endeavors.

Source

Burchill source

Maria has now been fired as well.

Strange timing for Maria since she's on Celebrity Apprentice. My guess is she wanted to leave to start acting. Hurricane keeps getting in trouble, and Burchill overstayed his welcome. I expect more releases.

edit: Maria was released. She came out and said she didn't ask to be released. That surprises me since she got the Slammy for Diva of the year.

As soon as a WWE diva touches something outside the company, the wheels are set in motion to get them future endeavored. Sable, Chyna, Christy Hemme, Torrie Wilson, Stacy Keibler, Ashley... when her album comes out, I'll wager good money that it won't take three months before Mickie James gets shit-canned.