Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd say the group's immortality in general did more damage than the Sting match. Hogan never gave Sting nearly any offense in their matches, but even if the finish went off perfectly, there was still the matter of all but one match on the undercard resulting in an nWo win. And this was on WCW's equivelant of Wrestlemania.

Every show averages 3 (THREE!) Hogan promos, wherein he says literally nothing and every single main event match ends in a clusterfuck. It gets old really quick.

Really, the highlight of the whole thing is the build to the Piper/Hogan match for the 96 Starrcade. The match itself was horrendous, but the build, with Piper as the never-say-die babyface and Hogan in the role of cowardly prick, is really underrated.

The biggest lowlight - the nWo parody of the Arn Anderson "spot" promo. Still sickening in retrospect.

Watching a history of the nWo bulk buy I bought when I was on the Oratory years back. It's 43 DVDs - every single match, promo, and segment from Scott Hall's debut to the formation of the nWo Wolfpac.

It's equally fascinating and infuriating.

Wow. That made me remember that I was in on Dragon Gate and UFC bulk buys back when I was on the Oratory. I should get around to watching those at some point.

Went to an exhibition of old UK wrestling memorabilia today, really cool stuff. Best of all they had old matches playing all the time, I saw a 2/3 falls tag match where the second fall was taken with a running cross-body and the match ended from a KO via Finlay Roll. Awesome stuff.

WWE wrestler Chris Jericho was arrested at a gas station in Kentucky early Wednesday morning after cops say he and a fellow wrestler were both "extremely intoxicated" in public.

39-year-old Jericho was taken into custody in Kenton County around 5 AM for "alcohol intoxication in a public place."

Jericho -- who was arrested along with fellow wrestler Greg "Hurricane" Helms -- was forced to smile for cop cam -- and TMZ obtained the mug shots.

Jericho and Helms were released on $120 bond -- each ... no that's not a typo.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/28/wwe-star-chris-jericho-arrested-in-kentucky/#ixzz0dtu7Vn9U

012710wrestlers2.jpg

Dumbasses.

I kept my vhs player purely because I have the entire of the WWF's year 2000 on tape. I'd upgrade to DVD but I really want to keep the proprietary music and I don't want the annoyance of every WWF logo being fuzzy.

Stavros, you can get the year 2000 on tagged classics, which is the PPV as it aired, and the logo is not blurred out, as silver vision are a seperate thing from WWE. It's hard to explain, but you can own those for around 10-20 per two PPV.

Also, Jericho is a tit, Hurricane, they can't do anything else bad to him, bar sack him.

I kept my vhs player purely because I have the entire of the WWF's year 2000 on tape. I'd upgrade to DVD but I really want to keep the proprietary music and I don't want the annoyance of every WWF logo being fuzzy.

Stavros, you can get the year 2000 on tagged classics, which is the PPV as it aired, and the logo is not blurred out, as silver vision are a seperate thing from WWE. It's hard to explain, but you can own those for around 10-20 per two PPV.

Also, Jericho is a tit, Hurricane, they can't do anything else bad to him, bar sack him.

Drunken wrestlers? Oh the horror. Not seeing this as a big deal.

As for the tagged classics they do edit off the proper music in some cases due to rights issues, which just annoys me. I'd rather not drop the cash on edited versions when I've already got the originals.

Worst example of that was the removal of Enter Sandman from One Night Stand. Just criminal, that was one of the greatest wrestling moments I've seen.

the original

Drunken wrestlers? Oh the horror. Not seeing this as a big deal.

As for the tagged classics they do edit off the proper music in some cases due to rights issues, which just annoys me. I'd rather not drop the cash on edited versions when I've already got the originals.

Worst example of that was the removal of Enter Sandman from One Night Stand. Just criminal, that was one of the greatest wrestling moments I've seen.

the original

Yeah, it's not too big a deal, but it might work with CM Punks thing, if they use Hurricane.

Also, I saw the DVD of ONS, and didn't know that happened till later, but your right, it did look fucking awesome.

Now the word is they were fighting, and Hurricane hit a woman.

We're told several people were in a taxi cab with Helms and Jericho when things allegedly got violent around 4 AM yesterday.

Cops say they spoke to several members of the group who told them Helms struck three people -- including Jericho, a man named Gary Kelley and a female passenger named Ashley Storer.

Witnesses told cops Helms ran from the scene right after the violent incident but returned to the gas station soon after, where he -- along with Jericho -- was arrested for being drunk in public.

Cops say Helms was not arrested for the alleged attack because the alleged victims have not pressed charges -- a requirement for an arrest in Kentucky if the police do not witness the attack.

Ashley told cops she did not want to file charges against Helms -- but Kelley told police he's mulling it over and may go after the wrestler

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/28/wwe-greg-hurricane-helms-chris-jericho-arrest-woman-battery-smack-kentucky/#ixzz0dviW6miF

The woman, Ashley Storer, tells TMZ the whole thing went down after her group finished boozing at a local Kentucky bar and crammed into the back of a taxi cab.

Storer claims she somehow got stuck sitting in between Jericho and Helms -- who began play fighting when things "escalated because we were drunk."

Storer claims that's when she took an elbow to the cheek -- and the cab driver pulled over at a nearby gas station. Helms and Jericho were ultimately arrested for being drunk in public -- Storer claims Matt Hardy was completely sober.

Storer also tells us cops blew the situation out of proportion -- but admits she may have exacerbated the situation because, "I was crying and drunk and tired from being out all night and I just wanted to leave."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/29/wwe-chris-jericho-greg-hurricane-helms-ashley-storer-playfighting-kentucky-arrest/#ixzz0dytBl4bv

case closed.

The best thing is the video TMZ has of them talking to Randy Orton in the airport. When they ask him what he thinks of Jericho getting arrested his face is like "oh shit, what did he do". When they tell him what it was for he almost laughs and says "we don't get in trouble. We represent the WWE in a positive light". You just know he got that speech from Vince many times in the past.

Regarding censorship on silvervision releases- I was watching an online clip of the build up to the main event of the 2000 Royal Rumble and the changes from the original was just jarring. I accept that they have to blur out all the WWF signs, and maybe even the 'Federation' part when they name the company, but they also changed it so that Cactus Jacks music was completely different and utterly appalling. Maybe this was from 24'7, but I think Silvervision is subject to the same issues. I've got that exact clip on three different DVD's released at different points, the only one I don't have is the re-release, and what would be the point since I have the original. I'm pretty sure the version I saw was the re-release.

That's why a lot of people don't like the re-released WMX-7, original copies are worth a fortune just because the show remains intact. That's why I'm glad I still have my copy.

Regarding censorship on silvervision releases- I was watching an online clip of the build up to the main event of the 2000 Royal Rumble and the changes from the original was just jarring. I accept that they have to blur out all the WWF signs, and maybe even the 'Federation' part when they name the company, but they also changed it so that Cactus Jacks music was completely different and utterly appalling. Maybe this was from 24'7, but I think Silvervision is subject to the same issues. I've got that exact clip on three different DVD's released at different points, the only one I don't have is the re-release, and what would be the point since I have the original. I'm pretty sure the version I saw was the re-release.

That's why a lot of people don't like the re-released WMX-7, original copies are worth a fortune just because the show remains intact. That's why I'm glad I still have my copy.

It's not a matter of censorship, it's a matter of cost. Any music they put on the dvd that they don't have the rights to would cost them a ton of money. Any time they re-release it they would have to pay again for the distribution rights. Lawyers fuck everything up.

It's not a matter of censorship, it's a matter of cost. Any music they put on the dvd that they don't have the rights to would cost them a ton of money. Any time they re-release it they would have to pay again for the distribution rights. Lawyers fuck everything up.

OK its not strictly speaking censorship for the music. Still annoying though, I shy away from ordering Silvervision PPV's because so much is altered.

OK its not strictly speaking censorship for the music. Still annoying though, I shy away from ordering Silvervision PPV's because so much is altered.

So, you saw Mania 20, where Victoria's music was changed, and Ultimo Dragons slip was edited out?

Atlanta, Georgia's 70,000+ person Georgia Dome will host WrestleMania 27 next spring, according to AccessAtlanta.com. WWE will make the announcement on Monday at a press conference at the Georgia Dome. “Atlanta has a long-standing reputation of hosting the highest level of sporting events,” said Atlanta Sports Council president Gary Stokan. “Adding Wrestlemania 27 to our list of wins would further showcase Atlanta as the sports capital of the world.”

Sweet mother of God, I might get to go!

Source

PWInsider.com is reporting that Ring of Honor Wrestling is suing Ric Flair, claiming that he owes the promotion over $40,000. The suit was filed this past Thursday in Bucks County, PA, and it's claiming that Flair failed to make all his scheduled appearances as ROH's Ambassador. The suit claims that Flair was contractually obligated to make 5 appearances for ROH, with each appearance paying him $10,000. Ring of Honor is arguing that they paid Flair $35,000 and that he only made one scheduled appearance for the company before withdrawing from the promotion due to his relationship with WWE.