The news thread

Missy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Speaking of Germany, they just made their last World War One reparations payment. I think we can agree that the punishment was completely effective, and certainly convinced them never to try something like that again. I hearty cheer for the Treaty of Versailles, a resounding success!

Britian's got some crazy motherfuckers

Excerpted from the trial transcript:

Counsel: Yes, m'lud. Now, Mr Chrysler, perhaps you will describe what reason you had to steal 40,000 coat hangers?

Chrysler: Is that a question?

Counsel: Yes.

Chrysler: It doesn't sound like one. It sounds like a proposition which doesn't believe in itself. You know – "Perhaps I will describe the reason I had to steal 40,000 coat hangers... Perhaps I won't... Perhaps I'll sing a little song instead..."

Judge: In fairness to Mr Lovelace, Mr Chrysler, I should remind you that barristers have an innate reluctance to frame a question as a question. Where you and I would say, "Where were you on Tuesday?", they are more likely to say, "Perhaps you could now inform the court of your precise whereabouts on the day after that Monday?". It isn't, strictly, a question, and it is not graceful English but you must pretend that it is a question and then answer it, otherwise we will be here for ever. Do you understand?

Yep, those are the craziest mofos in Britain right now - the judicial system.

Speaking of Germany, they just made their last World War One reparations payment. I think we can agree that the punishment was completely effective, and certainly convinced them never to try something like that again. I hearty cheer for the Treaty of Versailles, a resounding success!

Were it not for The Bugle, I wouldn't have known! But yes, well done to the fatherland for paying up for the Great War! Was it really only 92 years ago?!?

Britian's got some crazy motherfuckers

Excerpted from the trial transcript:

Counsel: Yes, m'lud. Now, Mr Chrysler, perhaps you will describe what reason you had to steal 40,000 coat hangers?

Chrysler: Is that a question?

Counsel: Yes.

Chrysler: It doesn't sound like one. It sounds like a proposition which doesn't believe in itself. You know – "Perhaps I will describe the reason I had to steal 40,000 coat hangers... Perhaps I won't... Perhaps I'll sing a little song instead..."

Judge: In fairness to Mr Lovelace, Mr Chrysler, I should remind you that barristers have an innate reluctance to frame a question as a question. Where you and I would say, "Where were you on Tuesday?", they are more likely to say, "Perhaps you could now inform the court of your precise whereabouts on the day after that Monday?". It isn't, strictly, a question, and it is not graceful English but you must pretend that it is a question and then answer it, otherwise we will be here for ever. Do you understand?

Had to stop from laughing out loud, that is hilarious.... Can't wait for day 2!

Wow; that's weird.

In unrelated news, The Tea Party is defending puppies.

The article itself is heavily editorialized, but this was an interesting excerpt:

Proposition B makes it a “crime of cruelty” for a piece of dog food to be in a water bowl or for a dog breeder to treat their own pet if they become ill (even with something as simple as a cold).

Now, I don't agree with the way that article was written (it's very heavy on demonizing the HSUS), but I think it's important to note that there's another side to the issue.

One side might say that they're "hating puppies", but another might say they're "fighting against bureaucracy."

Let's not get quick to judge.