The news thread

Missy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

The nearest fulfillment center is in Columbus which, while an hour away, means that if I mail it on Monday, I'll get my new DVDs on Wednesday. The loss of Satudays means that instead of getting two shipments a week, I may only get the twice a week on every other week. I will have to figure out the new timing on this.

Huh, lame. My local carriers do pretty badly at delivering things as is (not to mention how my packages have accidentally gotten sent to the other end of the country sometimes), so now there's one less day a week for them to mess things up. Not sure if that's good or bad. It's gonna suck for those carriers, though, pay wise.

It just blows my mind how poorly the Federal Government has handled the Post Office. They literally had a legal monopoly and have done nothing but fumbled it. UPS and FedEx are both fine. I'm sure that someone up top was just positive that this "whole email fad will pass."

I'm sure that someone up top was just positive that this "whole email fad will pass."

My father worked at the Post Office forever, and yeah, that was precisely the attitude. Between that and the rise of other couriers who delivered packages more quickly and accurately than the USPS' mantra of "it'll get there when it gets there" (competition the USPS never took seriously, either), I'm amazed it took this long. They were set up terribly.

It's a monopoly only because it makes zero money, which is why no-one competes with them. At least that's the deal here in Australia. The Postal Service has branched out in to a range of other services in an attempt to turn a profit. It's just not profitable to transport a letter from one side of the country for 50c.

Here's what bothers me most about his resignation: The Pope is serving God's will, but then a doctor comes along and tells this Pope that his heart is going. So if he doesn't resign, he'll die from the stress of travel and his papal duties.

But when a woman will die from a rough pregnancy, fuck her. She can die, because that baby is part of God's will.

Nice double standard.

The devotion of being selected as "God's voice to the people for life" and then quitting when being told your heart is bad makes him look like the punk he is compared to JP 2. JP 2 for life, bro!

Seriously, though...The son of a bitch couldn't even lift his head or speak with any audible volume and he managed to inspire hope in MILLIONS of people worldwide who worshipped him as a saint. Is ANYONE upset about Mr. Hitler Youth?

Also, don't get it twisted: organized religion is bullshit. I respected JP 2.

I'm not sure a public figure decaying on the throne does anyone any good. JP2 might have been good because the guy right before him lasted 33 days but still, a degree of vitality is probably useful especially in this day and age.

And yes, that this applies to QE2 as well. If she's still on the throne when she kicks it at 101 it's just as bad as if she lets Charles take over for stint. She might want to die on the throne because abdication hasn't had the best effect on her family in the past but there are limits. Institutions that rely on public relationships to remain relevant should be concious that they appear to be of their time and must shift to fulfil changing demands.

I'm not sure a public figure decaying on the throne does anyone any good. JP2 might have been good because the guy right before him lasted 33 days but still, a degree of vitality is probably useful especially in this day and age.

JP 2 also had the honour of being shot, and then going out of his way to forgive the guy, that guy was the epitome of awesome.

I'll do it. I'll be Pope.

I posess all the necessary qualifications:

A) Be baptized Catholic

B) Have a wang

C) Literally nothing else

As Pope Optimus Prime II, I decree that everyone try not to be a dick to people, what you do and who you do it with is not really my or anyone's business, and we all, as a people, get to make up for two thousand years of not being allowed to jerk it.

So let it be written.