The leisurely comic discussion thread

Aaron Robinson

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So Spider-man 700 is definitely worth a look.

Looks like the 2099 stuff was just misdirection, the Superior Spider-man is going to be Doc Ock tempered with having experienced the entire life of Peter Parker. I'm suddenly very interested in that book and the nature of how he maintains his cover as Peter. It's the first properly interesting villain book I've seen in a long time.

Looks like the 2099 stuff was just misdirection, the Superior Spider-man is going to be Doc Ock tempered with having experienced the entire life of Peter Parker. I'm suddenly very interested in that book and the nature of how he maintains his cover as Peter. It's the first properly interesting villain book I've seen in a long time.

He's not only keeping it up. He's going to be SUPERIOR! I'm not likely going to read SSM, because £3 twice a month, is a bit much for me, but I'll be keeping track of reviews, and possibly getting the book in trade.

To be fair since one more day at a rate of 3 issues a month ASM has told the equivalent of 15 years worth of stories (OMD was in 2007). Why not take some time to do something different? Besides, as this issue illuminates Peters current relationships are highly significant to what will be going on in SSM. All the single stuff they've set up is relevant to how Ock fulfils the role.

I hated OMD as much as the next man, but ASM is a great book and Slott has done fine work both when it comes to Peter and Doc Ock. I trust him to do this well.

I've never read a Spider Book. Spidey has just never interested me enough to read about him solo. This storyline, which will probably last until the next movie, has actually got me interested enough to read Superior, at least for more than a couple of issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
ha! This story has been making the rounds all day. Most 2000AD fans seem pretty cool with it and are just waiting to read the story. Some people are VEEERRRRYYYYY upset over it though and one guy threatened to burn his copy in protest and he wasn't being hyperbolic. Sure they can accept that a major icon in British comics is a septegenarian ultrafascist American virgin with a kill count of nearly a billion, but show him kissing a man and some people treat it as humanity's greatest crime!

ha! This story has been making the rounds all day. Most 2000AD fans seem pretty cool with it and are just waiting to read the story. Some people are VEEERRRRYYYYY upset over it though and one guy threatened to burn his copy in protest and he wasn't being hyperbolic. Sure they can accept that a major icon in British comics is a septegenarian ultrafascist American virgin with a kill count of nearly a billion, but show him kissing a man and some people treat it as humanity's greatest crime!

Hey, you can desolate a continent with nuclear strikes all you like as long as there's no funny business between chaps.