Earth-2.net X-men Draft

Stavros

My villain pick is a cheat, but I don't give a shit. Should be fun.

My pick is a massive cheat. The role of Uncanny X-Force is to take down the problems that won't get the publics attention, and I've decided that there's some group out there that even scares Magneto and Cyclops to join forces to take them down. Uncanny X-Force is brought together for the sole purpose of destroying, The Upstarts, and ultimately kill the Gamesmaster.

http://en.wikipedia....master_(comics)

http://en.wikipedia....starts_(comics)

The Upstarts as the page states are a group of mutants who hunt and kill other mutants for sport. My initial idea was to have a group of humans be the villains, chasing down mutants for sport, but thanks to a quick google search, I found these people. Magneto has brought the team together to destroy this mutant hunting organisation, and also, to finally kill The Gamesmaster. Cyclops doesn't agree with this at first, but when he's almost killed as part of the games in an early issue, and he comes round to the idea, and joins the team, for the good of mutant, and human kind.

Glenn%20Barr%20X-Men%201994%20Fleer%20Ultra%20Gamesmaster.jpg

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the delay, I'm out of town.

406px-Xorn2.jpg

Xorn- Who is Xorn? Magneto? Kuan Yin? Shen? An accident of the Scarlet Witch's out of control powers or a twisted genius of his own creation? A duplicate, a twin or something more unexpected? How has he returned from death and what is his connection to the simultaneous return of all the New Yorkers lost in his massacre? Why can Emma read his mind but Xavier can't, and can either be trusted to tell the truth? All will be revealed, answered satisfactorily and put to rest in this series, but the Marvel Universe will never be the same again!

Lets see if anyone has the brass balls to beat THAT.

I'm posting my story premise. It's long, so I'm spoiler tagging it. Read it, if you like.

30 years ago

In the sky above Anchorage Alaska

“Kate! Get the boys to the door!” Christopher Summers' eyes did not meet his wife's as he bellowed orders, but she could stilll tell something was very wrong.

“Daddy, what's happening?”

“Shh, Scottie. Come with me. Daddy's busy.”

Katherine gently shoved her sons to the now open door of the DH 98 Mosquito, and bent to the cargo trunk to get the parachutes.

A high-pitched whine filled the air second before the plane was rocked with an explosion. Shrieking metal and billowing smoke was all that Scott's senses could take in. His father screamed something about the left engine as his mother strapped the chute to his back.

Alex was crying. Scott remembered that. Like a baby.

The ship was rocked with another explosion, tipping the fuselage to the side and sending Scott out the open door out into the open sky.

He opened his mouth to scream, and he may have, but it was unheard over the explosion that vaporized his father's plane taking his entire family with it.

25 years ago

Omaha Nebraska

“You've come a long way, Scott,” Mr. Milbury said from behind his large oak desk. “How you survived that plane crash is one thing, but completely unscathed is another. You're a modern miracle, my boy.”

“Thank you, sir.”

“I see very big things in your future. Keep out of trouble and keep up with your studies. You have a report on Darwin due tomorrow.”

“Yes sir. Thank you, sir.”

Scott quietly left the room.

Mr. Milbury smiled plainly, and the phone rang.

“Hello? Yes, Lord. Absolutely! He's the finest specimen I've seen thus far. I think he is our one. No! Of course, I meant 'your's.' Yes, my apologies. I will report again soon, Lord.”

As powerful as he was, Mr. Milbury hung up the phone and his face went white from terror. Whiter than even an albino's skin. He breathed, regained his composure, and went back to the pressing matters of running the State Home for the Foundlings orphanage.

21 years ago

New York City

“That's enougha you, kid!”

The orange-skinned behemoth charged Scott from a block away, covering a great distance in a short period of time. Scott set his feet, bent his knees and looked right at the approaching beast.

“It's clobberin' tiii-eeeee!!!”

The supremely powerful optic blast poured forth in a focused point from his glowing eyes. The orange man shattered into a shower of stones hailing down on the three friends who accompanied him.

“Ben?!” The blonde girl cried more than screamed and staggered after realizing what she had seen.

“We came here to help you, young man,” the older one stretched and ballooned his body as he spoke. “It's clear that you are very powerful, but widespread violence is not the answer. And now you've killed my oldest friend. This will not stand!”

Scott blasted him in the centre of his chest, knocking him unconscious, before feeling the heat blast his body. His skin peeled and his flesh burnt before his body began to siphon the radioactive heat from the air. The more the flaming man poured into him the more Scott began to shake with power.

“Those are my friends, you freak!”

Scott blinked out a small optic blast that punched a hole through the young flame manipulator's chest.

“Johnny!”

Suddenly, the world went quiet. Or at least Scott's did. He realized his air supply was running out and knew that the girl had encased his head in some sort of force field. A medium-forced blast shattered whatever it was around his head. He continued to blast at her as she walked backwards, deflecting them, until her foot caught a piece of Ben Grimm's rocky hide and slipped out from under her.

As she tumbled backward, Scott's optic blast vaporized her before she hit the ground.

Scott walked up to the unconscious Reed Richards, whose distended body jutted out at all angles. He stared down at him for a moment and focused his optic blast at his elastic head, completely obliterating it.

The world was quiet again, this time, of Scott's own making.

“First Mister Sinister at the orphanage, then the Living Diamond, Magneto, Namor of Atlantis and now this Fantastic Four,” the voice from behind him thrummed with power. It was almost low enough to be inaudible. “You're cutting yourself quite a path across this country at only sixteen years old, Mister Summers.”

“That's quite a list of names. Tell me your's so I can keep track.”

Scott's eyes crackled with power.

“At ease, boy. My name is En Sabah Nur, and I am here to ask you to help me create the future. It is a future where only those deemed worthy and strong enough wll survive.”

“I'll go with you,” Scott said, “if you help me track down a few of those unworthy people you mentioned.”

17 years ago

New Akkaba (formerly New York)

“My father used to idolize you, you know?” Cyclops said staring down at a living legend.

“And look at you now,” Captain America grunted using his shield as a cane to keep himself upright. His chainmail costume scorched and in tatters. “I bet he's real proud.”

“No. He's dead. Tell him I said hello.”

And in a flash, Captain America was nothing more than a scorched shield and a pile of ash.

The Hulk bellowed in rage beside Cyclops before Apocalypse was finally able to crack his spine. Hulk screamed before reverting to a thin brown-haired man. The man tried to speak before Apocalypse stepped on him, crusing his ribs and lungs under his huge body.

“That was the last of our resistance, my Horseman; America and Africa are ours,” Apocalypse said to his apostle. “Where shall we conquer next?”

“I've been thinking of my father lately, and that relic --” Cyclops pointed at the shield on the ground before him, “-- is not helping.”

“Sentimentality is not a virtue in our world, boy.”

“Oh, it's not sentimentality, it's pure vengeance.”

15 years ago

Chandilar, Throneworld of the Shi'ar Empire

“Have you a better champion than this?” Apocalypse asked the gathered masses – citizens of the Shi'ar Empire all – while holding Gladiator, of the Imperial Guard aloft by his prodigious mohawk. “If so, send him now.”

The throngs of people watched in shock as their greatest champion was thrown to the side like so much trash. The crowd was silent. For in the past six hours, they watched as Apocalypse and Cyclops murdered the entire royal family – their Emperor D'Ken included – and their Imperial Guard with little difficulty.

“It appears the Shi'ar Empire is ours, my boy,” Apocalypse said, clearly proud of their achievement, “what title shall I bestow upon you? Chancellor?”

Cyclops unleashed his most vicious optic blast at centre-mass destroying Apocalypse's body in one blow. Part of the upper torso and head remained and En Sabah Nur's tubed lips contorted as if to try and ask why his student did such a thing. Cyclops looked down at him.

“Emperor will be fine, thank you,” and the air was punctuated with the booming sound of another optic blast making a crater out of what used to be his master's head.

10 years ago

New Akkaba, Sol 3

New Throneworld of the Shi'ar Empire

Scott Summers sat upon a throne in the ballroom of what was, for a short time, Avengers Mansion. His enemies worldwide had been eradicated. Other than a few pockets of resistance in Asia, the entire world, mutant and humankind, was under his thrall.

The armies he commanded stood ready. The women he gifted with his presence were willing. But Emperor Cyclops was unable to allow himself to be happy.

He had laid waste to nations, subjugated the millions of earthlings left alive and even dominated a galactic empire. And for what? Because his father flew too close to a cloaked Shi'ar warship? Because he was poked and prodded by geneticists hoping unloack the secret of the most powerful mutant on earth? Because he was confronted and used by everyone he came across? Perhaps all of the above.

Cyclops was the embodiment of power. And what's worse? He hungered for more.

Now

Jakarta, Indonesia

Havok vomited on a short dirt driveway leading to a small hut.

Cable, Rachel Grey, and Nate Grey rubbed their temples, the psychic backlash of a new reality setting in.

Caliban circled Dark Beast, growling. The obsidian Henry McCoy tried to stave off nausea.

“Amateurs,” Mikhail Rasputin muttered scanning the area.

“I'm sorry for the abrupt manner in which I snatched you from your world, or adopted world as it may be.”

“Professor?!”

The assembled Exiles hadn't yet finished wondering why they were all teleported and dumped together in a strange new place when they saw their mentor.

“I'm sorry, no. I realize, through the use of this,” Xavier said holding up the M'Kraan Crystal, “that in your reality, this man became a very important figure.”

A beautiful black woman with a huge mane of white hair on her head and little to nothing covering her body walked up behind Xavier.

“Ororo?!” Alex shouted.

“I'm sorry, Alex, she doesn't know any of you. As for me, I'm not the Charles Xavier you know.”

“Oh shit,” muttered Nate.

“Alex!” Rachel shouted as her telepathy started to clear.

“It's not Charles, Alex,” Cable said, “it's the Shadow King.”

“That's very true,” Shadow King continued, “but I am far from your enemy here.”

“Why us, then?” Alex asked. “I get the trio of telepaths here, and der Kommissar over there. They're high-powered. What about Caliban, me and the asshole fuzzball?”

“I chose Caliban,” Shadow King said, “because he can track down our powerful enemies without telepathic disturbances. This McCoy because he has certain...skills...and experience dealing with these types of threats. You, Alex, I chose because you are likely to be immune to our enemy's power.”

“What the fuck is going on here?!” Alex had a knowing look in his eyes, but he refused to let his mind go through the possibilities.

“Alex, you, McCoy, Caliban and Mikhail are all dead in this world. And those three never existed. This world is in the thrall of the greatest threat it could ever face. A man who has killed every prominent hero and villain of this world. Last week, he killed Galactus.

“I brought you here,” Shadow King continued, “because you're the only people I could think of to find a way to kill Scott Summers before he steals the M'Kraan Crystal from me and kills his way across all realities. Any questions?”

Astonishing X-Men Vol. 1: Hopeless

The first issue of Astonishing X-Men opens with Jean and her team fighting Modok and AIM in Central Park. This is intercut with the scenes described before of Jean recruiting the team and ends with the revelation that Jean still possesses the Phoenix Force and that she wants to revive the mutant race. Issues two and three has the team dealing with a giant monster rampaging through New York City. The Avengers are currently off-world so Jean sees it as the perfect way to get her team more in a position where it can protect humanity. It's eventually revealed that the monster is a young girl named Tildie Soames who had supposedly been cured of her powers by the Hope Serum. The team brings in Dr. Kavita Rao, the serum's creator, to check on the girl. Rao mentions that there's no trace of the genetic markers that the cure should have placed to remove the X-Gene. Issue three ends with three figures saying that "They know" in front of a large statue of Apocalypse.

Issues 4-5 pick up with the discovery that Benetech, the company that created the Cure, is owned by Fredrick Slade, a member of House Akkaba. The team goes to the company's headquarters at Alcatraz only to find everyone there dead. Reading through the computers, they find Clan Akkaba's plan is to distribute a vaccine to the Hope Serum to create an army for Apocalypse when he returns.They've already started and a group attack the team. Issue 5 is the fight issue. Eventually the team wins with most of Alcatraz being demolished due to a fight between one of the Clan Akkaba memebers and Wiccan. Jean recovers a sample of the Vaccine and asks Kavita Rao to look it over and then asks Elixer to help her, see if he can learn how to synthesize or alter it.

Each story arc would be capped with a stand alone issue focusing on a member of the team. The first one, Elixer's, focuses on his attempts to reenter his gold form. He eventually is able to shift between his two forms but only after meditating for 32 minutes.

X-Factor vol 1: Proliferation

Sentinel technology. Over the years, various Sentinel projects have been run all over the world with the aim of policing, containing or even eliminating mutants. In many countries though, with concerns over the legal status of mutants and therefore the legality of funding the Sentinel programs the budgets were often listed under blind black-ops accounts with very little oversight or accountability. Fortunately for the world at large, MI: 13 dedicated a small portion of the UK's budget to monitoring and tracking these projects, not only within the UK but, where possible amongst both allies and enemies. Had there been any oversight, it's likely this particular paper trail would have been eliminated before Captain Britain discovered it.

Since the huge drop in Mutant numbers after the events of M-Day, the threat of mutants has fallen into line with most of the rest of the superhuman community. Indeed, given their small numbers there is less of a threat of mutants overthrowing countries as there is of those countries capturing and weaponising them. Then there is also the distinct memory of Mastermold coming to the conclusion that the Sentinels needed to police and eliminate humanity given that the x-factor mutations emerged from the mutations present in most humans' DNA and finally there was Bastion, who kidnapped and transformed many, many thousands of humans and transformed them into Prime Sentinels. To this day, the number of unactivated Prime Sentinels is still unknown, so the constant threat of someone like Doctor Doom or Magneto gaining access to them and having a large, well armed army has become too big to ignore.

With all of that said, Dr Valerie Cooper introduces a task force, assembled with the help of Captain Britain, that will be dedicated to tracking down, documenting, disabling and/or destroying all instances of Sentinel Technology.

Beast, Forge and Cecelia Reyes will work towards ways to reverse engineer the Prime Sentinel program, so that the thousands of victims can be free again. For Cecelia, the Prime Sentinels are very personal given that she was first outed as a mutant by them but her medical training and natural compassion means that she wants to save as many people as she can.

Rogue, Lady Mastermind and Omega Sentinel will work with Captain Britain in the field. Given that most Sentinels are living weapon platforms, having Rogue one of the toughest superhumans alive with extensive experience fighting them, and with plenty of hours clocked as a leader of an X-Men team to boot, was a no brainer.

For Lady Mastermind, this is a matter of redemption given her past association with the Marauders, she claims that she wants to dance on the side of the angels and dedicate herself to making the world a better place. Needless to say, Rogue doesn't trust her all that much but is willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. After all Rogue herself was once a member of Mystique's Brotherhood and turned her life around. That said, Rogue isn't likely to forget forget Regan's previous betrayal, so she's got some insurance: Karima Shapandar AKA Omega Sentinel.

Since emerging from the coma she was left in after the events of Second Coming, Karima has discovered that her rewired brain is immune to telepathy, including Lady Mastermind's powers, a fact that is unknown to Lady Mastermind. Should Regan ever try to use her powers against the rest of the team, Karima's job will be to eliminate her with lethal force if necessary. Given all that the Marauders did to her, she readily accepts. That's her secondary reason for being on the team though, her first being her desire to see Sentinel Technology gone. No one has paid a more personal cost because of this technology and worse, as collateral damage in Bastion's campaigns. Her memory is gone and it doesn't look like it's coming back. Her entire world was ripped from her when she first became a Sentinel and then again and again as the virus robbed her of her memories and control over herself. Karima is willing to work as a test subject with Beast, Forge and Cecelia to try to find a way to become fully human again for herself and for the many others who have been afflicted by Bastion's zeal to eliminate mutants. That Hope managed to destroy Bastion isn't enough for Karima, she wants every bit of his legacy gone and for Bastion to be nothing more than a distant, harmless memory.

Issue 1: And now you have two problems

Old Sarum, Wiltshire, England. In an underground bunker UN Inspectors Brian Braddock and Cecelia Reyes make a surprise visit, surprising the MoD staff present. The base hasn't been inspected in close to five years and is mostly run by a skeleton staff whose sole responsibilities seem to be to keep the base manned and make sure all of the machinery runs. Aside from the guards' weapons, there doesn't seem to be anything there of value for the MoD. Mostly the guards seem to do six months duty before moving onto better placements and the elderly Lance Corporal Hemmings is there solely to sign off on paperwork and report back that the base is running okay. As Brian notes to Cecelia, it seems like the Lance Corporal was "promoted out of harm's way." As they get to the bottom of the lift, they find the thing that they've been looking for: a 50ft Omega-class Sentinel that seems to have gathered dust. Suddenly, its eyes light up and it says one word: "Mutants".

Flashback to some weeks prior as Dr Val Cooper hosts a meeting with the UN security council outlining the dangers of Sentinel technology and introducing the new X-Factor who will be responsible for tracking down and dismantling it.

The rest of the issue deals with the team's attempt to bring the Sentinel down. Lady Mastermind was able to sneak herself and the rest of the team onto the base using her power to shield them. While Forge and Karima search the files on Lance Corporal Hemmings' computer. It becomes apparent that L/Cpl Hemmings is actually the first of a previously unknown Sentinel type: the Monitor Sentinel, a Sentinel dedicated to administration functions within the Sentinel network. Seeing that he has no route of escape, he sends out a signal before combusting. The guards on the base suddenly turn into Prime Sentinels. Far below ground, just as the team has finished violently dismantling the Omega Sentinel, Rogue gets put through the floor. When she looks up, she sees five more Omegas. All saying one word: "Mutant"

Issue 2: The team battles both the Omegas and the Prime Sentinels for the first half of the issue, completely destroying the Omegas, and trapping the Primes within an illusion by Lady Mastermind which allows Karima to manually disable them. Forge, Beast and Cecelia do some analysis on the files retrieved from Hemmings' computer determining that there's a secured network beyond those of the MoD which shares various information on projects. From that they determine that every guard who had come through the base for the last five years had been transformed into a Prime Sentinel. Forge begins work on a way to trace the network and provide the soldiers with something that can block the Prime activation signal. While only a small amount of the information available of the Sentinel Network was retrievable, what they could find was useful and worrying. The team now has a map of some of the financial routes the black ops projects were using to hide the projects, thus depriving them of a major resource and they were able to get some information on some of the other projects, the most concerning of which is just a name: The Legacy Project.

Issue 3-5: Captain Britain, Rogue, Karima and Lady Mastermind travel to India to inspect various software companies listed under the Sentinel Net files. Finding that the Hardware for the Sentinels seems to be manufactured in various South East Asian countries subcontracted from various British engineering firms whilst the software is mostly done in Mumbai, the team tries to ascertain who knows what, who is criminally liable and what other information can be derived about the various projects. Subterfuge is required as the possibility of more monitor sentinels sending out alerts could kill off information streams before the team could use them. Karima also struggles with the decision about whether or not to visit a family that she can no longer remember.

Forge, Beast and Cecelia work with a soldier who has just found out that he's a Prime Sentinel. He also has a hatred of mutants stemming from seeing colleagues killed by the Acolytes some years ago, leading to some major antipathy towards Beast.

Over time, it becomes apparent that the soldier, Private irvine is not a bad guy but is suffering from heavy PTSD combined with the psychological damage inflicted by confronting an enemy against whom all weapons were useless. He still fears a world where mutants were as prolific as they once were but finds himself able to appreciate the hard work and friendliness of the three mutants trying to help him.

The other half of the team returns from India with more information on some of the projects on the Sentinel Net, although most of it is encrypted. Karima decided to meet with her family, but couldn't talk about it afterwards. From the little she shared the meeting was mixed and difficult and it may be some time before she is able to see them again. The team also found and destroyed a cadre of Alpha Sentinels in China and subverted the hardware requirements for the factories so that the Sentinel projects were paying for high-end swingsets and climbing frames instead.

They also returned with a deactivated Monitor Sentinel, giving Forge an opportunity to test if he can block the Prime Activation signal. Private Irvine volunteers as a test but unfortunately the monitor is able to adapt more quickly than Forge's machine, so the soldier must go into stasis.

Cecelia spends time each night checking on Private Irvine

Forge begins work decrypting the files. He can only find enough on Project Legacy to confirm that it's very much connected to the deadly virus that plagued mutantkind years ago. He also finds details on another project that worries him greatly...

Issue 6: B714

This issue is mostly told from the perspective of Tim, a shy guy who is deathly afraid of mutants. This issue shows how utterly frightening the Marvel Universe can be from the perspective of a normal human being especially with the increased number of mutants over the years, leading through Grant Morrison's run where the Mutant subculture reached its zenith and then MDay where most mutants became depowered.. 2 months earlier, another user B714 joined the forums Tim frequented mostly posting in a topic where people discussed "The Mutant Problem." Eventually B714 offered to send Tim a present. When he opened it, it appeared to be empty although it did cause him to sneeze. Over the course of several days B714 stops posting and Tim finds his skin becoming purple.

At the base the team discuss Forge and Karima's findings in the Sentinel Net files. Karima is barely able to contain her rage as they reveal that one of the projects heavily involved Bastion. By the time that Operation Zero Tolerance first began, Bastion had been at work for years ensuring funding and commitments for the Sentinel projects lying where necessary about the project's aims. Bastion's overriding goal is for mutants to be wiped out, so everything he'd done has been working towards that. He surmised that his death would be an impediment to his goal, so worked to ensure his own immortality. As such, he became capable of decentralising himself, so that he was no longer dependent on his own body. The software firms each individually worked on programs that ensured that his memory and personality would live beyond his death in the Sentinel Net. He was also working on a prototype nanovirus that could make someone susceptible to Prime Sentinel transformation. As they're revealing this, Tim is walking into a remote datacentre with purple skin and orange, glowing eyes. He rips out one of his eyes and plugs a data cable into the exposed socket. As he allows himself to be covered with millions of nanobots, we see Karima destroying Sentinel after sentinel in X-Factor's Danger Room howling with rage, before revealing that Tim has become Bastion reborn and more dangerous than ever.

So beyond this volume the general plan would be to show how far reaching Bastion's plans are. He wants to eliminate all 200 remaining mutants, and turn them into Prime Sentinels via a biological agent made from a meld of the Legacy Virus and Cable's technoorganic virus. The team will have to find the various labs where its being worked on as well as have the science part of the team try to figure out a way to beat it before it's unleashed on the world. Eventually Lady Mastermind will end up betraying them. She initially joined the team to steal all the data on the Sentinel's brainwave scanning technology and mutant identification technology so that she could give it to the Marauders. Her further reports on what Bastion is up to causes Mr Sinister to encourage her to stay with the group so that she can find out more about Project Legacy, as the possibilities of a newly weaponised Legacy virus intrigue him.

So, our first seven issues is gonna be our getting to know you arc. Issue one will be Kitty's growing discontent with the world as it is (this will be set a few years into her tenure at Jean Grey's), and will spur her into using Jean Grey's resources (I imagine Wolverine would be okay with this, so long as she doesn't use any of the kids) into reforming Excalibur, under her leadership.

Second issue is the start of the road trippin'. First stop is a clandestine one on Utopia, to recruit Namor. This goes swimmingly (puns!), and their next stop is to recruit Wolfsbane to the cause, with a promise to find her son.

Third issue continues the road trippin'. It's an overseas trip, first to pick up Siryn, and then to find the monastery where Nightcrawler's been staying ever since his abrupt resurrection. Backstory for Nightcrawler's resurrection is given, and his reaction to that. Apparently word's been travelling, and he actually comes and meets the team when they come to town.

(Sometime between issues two and three, Corsair just starts showing up in panels. No one seems to know how he got there. He's just there.)

The fourth issue surrounds them breaking into the high-tech prison where Magik is being kept, Kitty personally convincing her that they can help her, and making a promise to her that no one else knows about, but will be revealed down the line.

Fifth issue is the remainder of their break out. The second half of that issue and issue six is the fight with Fin Fang Foom, because TEAM BUILDING.

Issue seven is everyone winding down with a celebration, with Kitty basically deciding to powow with everyone and decide where they go from there.

A suggestion that Prof brought up in Chat for the next draft: doing a Snake Draft. Basically, Round 1 would go A-G, Round 2 would go G-A, Then A-G and so forth until we get done.

Screen names, or real name?

Screen is easiest. I was thinking we should switch methods next time, shake it up a bit. Good idea.

Also might switch the naming of the books until the end.