Professor X

Jamie Madrox

Quicksilver

Squirrel Girl

Sauron

Armour

and

ugogrl1.jpg

U-Go Girl! Teleporter, former X-statix member and subsequent corpse, Edie Sawyer found a way out of the afterlife to avoid dealing with former hubby Mr Sensitive and the full on basket of personal issues he represents to her. You think Charles Xavier had his hands full trying to resolve the psychological issues of Sauron or Madrox? You ain't seen nothing yet! This drug-addicted good time girl is ready to turn the lives of our X-men upside-down!

A noisy party. A young man and woman are in the closet together. They kiss and then the burning begins. His chest explodes, seriously injuring her and destroying his chest and lower jaw. He panics and then sees the young woman watching him and stops.

"Who are you?" He says. The woman's features shift and change.

"I couldn't find you conventionally so I had to find you psychically," Jean responds as she walks to the park bench.

"You found me. You can go now," Chamber says.

Jean sits down and starts to feed the pigeons. A family plays with their young child. Chamber looks at them.

"I haven't been able to talk to my parents in years. Didn't even tell me where they moved," He says. He walks over to the fountain and throws a coin in.

"I won't lie. I can't understand what you're going through and I need that kind of perspective to keep me in check,"Jean says. She walks over to the foundtain as the water turns red. "And if I'm not going to lie, I think you shouldn't either. I know you're hiding something."

He looks at her.

"I talked to Emma. She said you could affect what people see. I know you're doing it right now."

The biokinetic flames dim. His skin is gray, his lips blue.

"After M-Day and I lost my powers, Clan Akaba, Apocalypse's descendents, got a hold of me. They healed me at the cost of making me closer to Apocalypse.My powers spiked and I ran. When Legion put us into that alternate reality, I saw it as a chance to fake being back to normal." Chamber sits on the edge of the blood fountain. The kid runs from the burning remains of his family. Jean puts her hand on his shoulder.

"What changed?" Jean said.

Chamber arm extended, shifted. "I have some limited shapeshifting, I'm stronger, and my psychic powers are more focused. Let's continue this game of Truth. Why me?"

Jean looks at him, biting her lip. "Apocalypse was the first mutant. I'm planning something and I want one of his descendents by my side. I could only find four that didn't belong to Clan Akaba. There was you, Blink, one of Logan's students that I didn't dare come near, and someone else I couldn't zoom in on."

"What are you going to do?"

Jean stands up and looks at Chamber. A hint of fire appears behind her but only for a moment.

"Restart the mutant race."

Chamber looks at her, stands up, and takes Jean's hand.

Chamber_apocalypse_01.JPG

Jono Starsmore is an omega-level mutant who's body is mostly a housing for a stronger psychic force. He is also a descendent of Apocalypse, gifted with some of his powers due to partaking of his blood. He will serve as Jean Grey's second in command and to keep her in check should the embers of the Phoenix Force within her make her do something stupid like attack Wakanda for no fucking reason.

Hope, Blink and Deadpool appear in the middle of a hallway in a small, slightly rundown apartment building. Deadpool frowns.

Deadpool: I've been stabbed in nicer places than this.

Blink: You've been stabbed in a lot of places.

Deadpool: That is a fact, yes.

Hope looks to Blink.

Hope: Clarice, can you wait out here?

Deadpool: How have I not been making 'Silence of the Lambs' jokes at you yet?

Blink ignores Deadpool, and nods at Hope.

Blink: I'll hang down in the lobby.

Hope leads Wade to a door.

Deadpool: So, who are we here for? Gambit?

Hope: No.

Deadpool: Captain Marvel? Spider-Man?

Hope: Nope.

Deadpool continues rambling on and on, while Hope notices a slightly nondescript man moving toward the door in front of them. He's blonde, thin, but wiry and has one hell of a nose. Hope smiles at him, before grabbing his attention.

Hope: Excuse me, are you Barnell Bohusk?

The man nods.

Bohusk: Yeah, I am.

Deadpool: ****ing Beak?

406px-Beak.jpg

Barnell_Bohusk_%26_Angel_Salvadore_(Earth-616)_001Post_M-Day.jpg

220px-Blackwing.jpg

Few mutants actually viewed M-Day as a blessing, Barnell Bohusk is one of those few. As Beak, Barnell had a avian physiology, without the actual ability of flight. That didn't stop Beak from falling in love and fathering five children, saving the Multiverse with the Exiles, and having the courage to stand up to Magneto/Xorn with only a metal baseball bat. Beak found M-Day as a blessing, as it was the first chance he had to live a normal live, but since then, he's found himself fighting for the weak once again. Even though he's depowered, he's joined the New Warriors under the guise of Blackwing, with a suit that allows him flight, super-strength and energy projection. Even with his new-found powers, Beak is the same genuine, caring guy that he was when he was an awkward teen at Xavier's. That heart and that bravery are why Hope Summers has come for him.

Bastion and the Sentinels were of course one of the most popular doo-wap groups of the summer of '59.

I'm gonna need someone to make a video of Master Mold leading a quartet of Sentinels in "Twilight Time", post haste.

406px-Sinister.png

Mister Sinister.

The first world-threatening mutant force Wolverine and the X-Men will go up against is an army of enhanced mutants and humans-turned-mutants through the twisted experiments of the former Nathaniel Essex, whose Marauders have been kidnapping test subjects worldwide by the hundreds. Sinister's legion also will include mutants he's resurrected, most notably the very late John Proudstar (A.K.A. Thunderbird). His goal is simple: To experiment on as many human and mutant subjects as he pleases and to do so unabated. Some of his henchmen will be mutants that no one ends up choosing (all the better if Gambit is one of them, since he's worked for Sinister in the past).

For the third, fourth, or fifth arc, I'd love to have SuaveStar's X-Force as the main antagonists, given the history Cyclops and a lot members of his team has with those of mine. By the law of averages, a crossover written by us couldn't possibly be worse than Avengers vs. X-Men.

[Enter Will's baddie.]

It was more from a story standpoint, it worked. Oh well, for now, going to lead off with an early appearance by my final villains. Sinister is just going to show up in a later arc.

Apocalypse and Clan Akaba though Apocalypse isn't appearing until the end of issue 6. It'll make sense when I explain my plot outline.

I'm not really sure who my long-term villain is going to be, to be honest. But, you know what? That's something the team can worry about in the long run. For right now, they need a good initial team building exercise, something they can beat the shit out of, and bond over. Possibly with a few drinks involved after. Plus, the team is called Excalibur. It's kind of required that they slay a dragon at some point. And you fits all of this?

Foom-1.jpg

Fin Fang Foom.

I'm not sure an X-Team has ever fought Fin Fang Foom before. Interesting choice!

I've known my villain since the very moment I knew my team. In fact, the villain came first. The choice may aggravate a few. It will intrigue others. It won't be given a reason until my pitch is written up after the choosing is done.