The Dark Knight

Missy

The only way they could do Bane right is if they had a wrestler under the mask, and an actor to dub in his lines. The only two actors with the size and the acting chops to pull of both are Michael Clark Duncan or Ving Rhames, and Bane is a white guy.

So's Kingpin and Duncan did a fine job. Best part of that movie.

Edit: Bane's actually Hispanic.

Fair point.

Bane's a very pale Hispanic, to be fair..

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they do Bane, I think they'd have to go with no mask, no roids, and focus on the idea that he's just a brilliant, deadly tactician raised in a South American hell-hole. Cast Benicio Del Toro and just play him as someone who's just as efficient in hand to hand combat as Bruce.

Variety reports that the score for The Dark Knight has been disqualified by the executive committee of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences music branch from being considered for an Oscar.

Formal letters to that effect are expected to go out this week to composers Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard, who collaborated on the music.

Their previous collaboration, on Batman Begins, was similarly disqualified in 2005.

According to the trade, the big issue was the fact that five names were listed as composers on the music cue sheet, the official studio document that specifies every piece of music (along with its duration and copyright owner) in the film.

Zimmer previously said that listing multiple names on the cue sheet was a way of financially rewarding parts of the music team who helped make the overall work successful.

Zimmer, Howard and the other three individuals -- music editor Alex Gibson, ambient music designer Mel Wesson and composer Lorne Balfe -- reportedly signed an affidavit stating that the score was primarily the work of Zimmer and Howard.

That apparently wasn't enough for the majority of the committee, which was also supplied with documentation indicating that more than 60%, but less than 70%, of the score was credited to Zimmer and Howard.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/batmannews.php?id=7813

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051
Walmart has has an exclusive version of the dvd that comes with a comic book, and Harvey Dent's coin.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?...uct_id=10726993

maybe if that was not just a wal-fart exclusive I'd get it but most likely when TDK comes to DVD I'll be getting the Exclusive Steelbook packaging from fye as I did with Iron Man

here's the link to the fye page with TDK 2 Disc Edition:

The Dark Knight fye Exclusive

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051
I don't know if it's just my DVD, but some of the scene-to-scene transitions (such as when Rachel takes the coin from Harvey when he jumps into the paddywagon to the next scene) are sudden and not smoothed out like in the theatre.

which version did u get James? Single Disc or 2 Disc Edition, or Blu Ray?

I got the single disc at Wal-Mart with the comic book and coin. I'll probably watch all of the DVD extras on youtube, so I didn't bother with the two-disc set. I haven't watched it yet (going to later tonight), but I'll see if I notice any transition problems.

Guest DCAUFan1051
I got the single disc at Wal-Mart with the comic book and coin. I'll probably watch all of the DVD extras on youtube, so I didn't bother with the two-disc set. I haven't watched it yet (going to later tonight), but I'll see if I notice any transition problems.

I could care less about the coin and I refuse to pay walfart any money I'd rather get the 2 Disc Edition plus I'm gonna go to fye to get their exclusive Steelbook tin packaging

but that'll be next week when I get paid right now I'll settle for having on iTunes and iPhone :D

I'm refraining from any DVD purchases until Christmas is over. Perhaps some alternate dimension version of my family will actually buy their version of Des something he actually wants (ie: Blu Ray player) for Christmas and a wormhole will open up sending it into my waiting hands. Just maybe.

It's gotta beat last year...I got a globe. A fucking globe!