The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My parents are getting a divorce, and one of my best friends are moving on Tuesday, after he found out on Wednesday. Fucking awesome.

I'm so sorry, Doug. Just remember that you are not alone and both of your parents love you. I've been the kid through two divorces, and while it isn't easy, there is an upside. Two birthdays, two Christmases.

As for your friend, make sure they give you a call after they move. That way you have their number and can call them anytime, which helps them and you. Them (because they are going to feel disconnected wherever they go) and you (because you need all the friends you are going to meet in this world and you are going to experience a huge disconnect from family and friends).

Thanks guys. Already have the dudes email and cell, Thank god for technology.

As for the divorce, I'm thankful this is not a stereotypical divorce. There has been no fighting, They just lost the spark that they once had. They have compared them selves as best friends, not lovers (God that sounded wrong, coming from me). My dad got a new place, Right by brothers school. And my brothers school as some of you will know, is down the street. .7 miles away assures I will be able to be with both all the time. The new place is pretty cool, And me and my bro also get another computer down there. So that's pretty cool. The place, while small, definatly will feel like home. Im glad that he will still come up and have dinner with us occasionaly, and vice versa, He'll still come to happy hour and all other things.Also because he lives so close, I can decide who and when I want to stay with. Again it sucks, But Im lucky that its not the divorce where the parents can never look at each other again and move to opposite ends of the earth.

I'm sorry Doug, I've been there. My parents split seven years ago and it was a complete shock. They never argued but in retrospect there was tension. Now they only see each other when it unaviodable. They get along fine when they are around each other but they just don't see each other outside of funerals or graduations. My dad's never met her husband of two years. Plus there is the whole two christmases deal.

I'm glad that your situation is much more amicable, thats really going to help you guys.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Sorry to hear about that Doug, at least it was Civil Divorce unlike most.

I don't even remember my parents divorcing I was 2 at the time, however I remember how bad it was between my mom and dad after I had gotten older. The fights were just horrible.

Completing my Uni application I realise that I need a reference from an educator/employer who isn't family. Everyone at my job is either family or works for me and I haven't been in any kind of education for about three years now, and I doubt my teacher would remember me from a one day a week evening class (I barely remember either of them). I'm going to try and get an exemption for this but every day this is delayed increases the risk of one of the courses becoming full.

Stavros, if you e-mail the evening class lecturer if you know their e-mail address, they should be able to give you a reference.

Doug divorce and losing a friend can be tough, and I don't know what to say to help except remembering that your friend is still your friend and your mum is still your mum and your dad is still your dad and that's all that matters.

Broke up with my girlfriend earlier. It was hardest thing I think I have ever done. I am so emotionally exhausted right now I do not know what to do with myself at the moment. Add in the fact that I got kneed in the groin a couple times and that I haven't eaten in two days and I am a downright mess. Don't really know why I am posting this other than I want to get it out there and am sitting in my apartment all alone.

Guest DCAUFan1051

awww damn sorry to hear about that professor...... and james glad y'all are having a good time, but sorry that you're sick.

I really really hate not having $$!!!

Guest DCAUFan1051
Now I cannot get my hotmail nor my yahoo accounts to work. I never told her my passwords before and always logged out when I used her computer. But the timing is really fishy indeed. Any ideas on how I can get them back?

try clicking forgot password? I dunno lol do you have a gmail account? if so click forgot pass on the others and have them send it to the gmail.