What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dollman Vs Demonic Toys. Wow. Just wow. The movie is 66 minutes long and a sequel to 3 different films. The plot is about a bunch of evil toys summoned by hobo getting killed. They get fought by a foot tall midget alien and his girlfriend who's been shrunk by other aliens to be a foot tall.Yeah, half the movie is flashbacks to other movies, with one exception, the entire cast is a foot tall, and Quiet Riot does the music. Seriously, just what the fuck. This is the kind of movie that gets made when you drunk and decide that you want to go straight to video like a comet.

Welcome to Full Moon! I have the 18 DVD Archive Collection. I'm also an Executive Producer on their next feature: Evil Bong 3: The Wrath of Bong. Seriously.

Dollman Vs Demonic Toys. Wow. Just wow. The movie is 66 minutes long and a sequel to 3 different films. The plot is about a bunch of evil toys summoned by hobo getting killed. They get fought by a foot tall midget alien and his girlfriend who's been shrunk by other aliens to be a foot tall.Yeah, half the movie is flashbacks to other movies, with one exception, the entire cast is a foot tall, and Quiet Riot does the music. Seriously, just what the fuck. This is the kind of movie that gets made when you drunk and decide that you want to go straight to video like a comet.

Welcome to Full Moon! I have the 18 DVD Archive Collection. I'm also an Executive Producer on their next feature: Evil Bong 3: The Wrath of Bong. Seriously.

...Marry me.

Smokey and the Bandit: The script is cliched. The acting is hammy. Sally Field sucks. But I seriously defy you to find a better example of pure fun on film. Christ. Simpler times indeed. Jackie Gleason is god, Jerry Reed's soundtrack is epic, Burt Reynolds is a pile of laughs. Easy 8/10.

Watching Batman, the 1960s series and the concerns that Mike and the gang has about the Gotham City police department being useless is not confined to just the movie. The episode I'm watching right now had Batman and Robin on vacation and the following line was muttered by Commissioner Gordon: "The day we always feared would happen has come, Chief O'Hara. We have to solve a crime ourselves."

The episode I'm watching right now had Batman and Robin on vacation and the following line was muttered by Commissioner Gordon: "The day we always feared would happen has come, Chief O'Hara. We have to solve a crime ourselves."

The world is a darker place without that show on DVD.

For those of you with iPlayer, look up Hattie. I know I'm biased towards the Carry On film franchise, but it's a dramatisation of the marital breakdown beteen Hattie Jacques (played by Gavin & Stacey's Ruth Jones) and John Le Mesurier (Robert Bathurst). It was very well done and you don't even need to know the real life actors to get something out of it.

I caught The Incredibles on TV last night. I hadn't seen it since maybe 2009. And let me say that this is one of the greatest movies ever. I still laughed at all the jokes. And the one scene in the plane where ElastiGirl is dodging missiles. That scene is freaking intense! When she's screaming over the radio, "There are children aboard! Repeat, there are children aboard!" it gives me chills just thinking about it. The action is amazing. It's just a really really good movie.

(Later I watched Robin Hood: Men in Tights all the way through for the first time, good stuff.)

Oh I know I'm in the minority and it could be recency bias with TS3, but that one did get me more emotional than TS2. On the downside, I thought the bad guys of 2 and 3 were a bit too similar, but that's my only gripe. On the upside, I really enjoyed Buzz in 3 and thought he developed a lot more than the Woody character over the 3 movies, but I guess that is to be expected, as he is the newest to this toy reality.

Got a couple of films I haven't posted about:

Failure to launch: You know when you start a film, and you get in the "I might as well finish it" mind set? I got that for this. I don't get Matthew McConaughey's charm in the film. To me, he's just really there, being himself, and unlike Charlie Sheen, it isn't interesting. Also, just wondering what is the appeal of Zooey Deschanel? She's bland in every film I've seen her in, and she plays the exact same role every time. When I asked someone, they said she was quirky and cute, to which I responded "No she's not. She'e bland and boring"

Something's gotta give: You ever watch those films where the writer/director goes in with a set idea for a sad, realistic ending, and then at the last minute the studio says "No we want the happy feel good ending" and the writer/director writes a five second fuck you to the people who spent 97 minutes watching the film? This was that movie. What a horrible, horrible, unrealistic ending.

Vampire in Brooklyn: I'm starting to think that Wes Craven did two good films, the original Nightmare on Elm Street, and Scream. This wasn't funny, or scary, and I fell asleep twice during it. I miss when Eddie Murphy was funny.

In the loop: Interesting. The main characters weren't likable, and the main plot was a bit up it's own arse to make sense. However any scene with Malcolm Tucker (Peter Capaldi) was comedy gold.

Return of the living dead: Stupid, but enjoyable. The idea that the only way to destroy the zombies was to burn them, but that would make more, was interesting. Nobody in the film could act, which made it funny. The embalmer guy was the only member of the cast I really liked, as he was charming. The ending was enjoyable as well. Not something I'd say go out of your way and see, but an enjoyable film none the less.

Showtime: I miss Eddie Murphy when he was funny. They really needed Beverly Hills Cop Eddie and what they got was Shrek/Dr Dolittle Eddie. DeNiro didn't seem to give a fuck either.

District 9: Enjoyable film. As great as everyone says it was. Nope. It was good, but nothing special.

Dead Man's Curve: Hey, it's Shaggy from the Scooby Doo movie playing a crazy college student obsessed with getting into Harvard so he killed his friend. This films about 13 years old, and has aged badly. The end twist is so fucking stupid and mixed up, I barely made sense of it.

The Martins: Lee Evans and Kathy Burke in a film about a hard luck family, and it's a comedy. What could go wrong? Well, everything. Awful.

3000 Miles to Graceland: This film looked stupid on paper, and could've worked, but something just didn't click right, and it came off as a bad TV movie, that somehow got Kurt Russell on board to play "The good bad guy" and Kevin Costner to play "Psycho baddie with no real purpose"

Maverick: Enjoyable. I liked it, and it had some charm. Could've done without the Danny Glover cameo that said "Oh yeah....that's Riggs and Roger Murtaugh from the lethal weapon series. And this is directed by Richard Donner." it added nothing to the film. And the do I know you pause, was just plain stupid.

I pretty much agree on all of those. Craven has bade some other great films. Music of the Heart wasn't that bad, Red Eye was short and sweet, and The Serpent and the Rainbow is... interesting.

I need to watch Red Eye again. I remember enjoying it the first time I saw it, but I don't think it will be as good five years later.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall: Bloody awful. I sat through 50 minutes and did not laugh once before I looked at the time, saw their was another hour left and had to eject the disc and say I can't take anymore. Jason Segel is great as a supporting actor, like in HIMYM, but as a main character, he just isn't that interesting, or funny. If you ever wanted to see his dick, this film shows you it about five times in the first ten minutes, and not quick, blink and you'll miss it shots, long lingering crap. Awful, awful film.

Edit: I also watched Rambo today. That film was incredibly short, but incredibly violent. The violence almost went over the top.

Edited by SuaveStar