Sign in to follow this  
Guest DCAUFan1051

What Podcasts are You Listening To?

I might check out Limetown. Lore is really good. 

For those who were fans of Mondo Movie, the guys are back with a new podcast called Streampunk discussing more accessible films (in the sense that they're easy to find on streaming services) in the weird and wild cinematic world, with a keener eye towards a film club style approach. It's short too, which is good.

Several years ago, I spent about thirty seconds seriously considering pitching Mike a G.I. Joe podcast, but realized almost immediately it would be almost impossible to do a long-form show about a series that (the occasional utterly bugfuck nuts episode aside) largely had the same plot day in and day out: COBRA builds/steals a weapon, uses said weapon to unleash craziness, there's a fight, evil is vanquished.

However, it turns out it can be done. Knowing is Half the Podcast is three friends going through the series episode by episode, breaking each one up with a look at a particular character or an interview with someone associated with the series. It's a very, very funny show, with one host unable to contain his fanboy enthusiasm, another who looks at everything like it's the dumbest thing he's ever seen, and a third who's somewhere in the middle but game for anything.

The Rachel Deering episode of Brian Keene's The Horror Show podcast has some more damning stuff about Marvel. Major runaround from editorial, especially CB Cebulski, who is supposed to manage their talent, not knowing that Keene, a NYT Bestselling Author had ever even written for them.

Space Dock Jury. A must-listen for anyone even vaguely interested in science fiction. Previously covered ships include the Borg cube, Slave 1, and the Nostromo.

Space Dock Jury. A must-listen for anyone even vaguely interested in science fiction. Previously covered ships include the Borg cube, Slave 1, and the Nostromo.

I checked it out since Mike talked about it on The Edge of Forever.

Presidents Are People Too! Distributed for free via Audible though a few are also available through iTunes. Each episode, the hosts (a comedian and historian) dissect a random U.S. president's history and personality and how it impacted their administration and legacy. Highlights so far include the reading of Nixon's post-Watergate memoirs and a discussion of Coolidge's depression.

The bOrgcast- Been a casual listener since Dave first mentioned the program in The Phantom review. Mostly going back over the episodes covering Season 7 of TNG and Season 2 of DS9 nowadays while trying to avoid spoilers about later seasons of the latter. Highly recommend episode 8.M ("His tears look like wee") and M6 ("Christmas on Qo'noS"), which review Generations and The Undiscovered Country, respectively.

Any suggestions for podcasts that are about 30 minutes or under?  I like to listen to things in full.  Everything I listen to is an hour+ and sometimes I have 30 minutes and nothing to fill that gap.

3 hours ago, Professor said:

Any suggestions for podcasts that are about 30 minutes or under?  I like to listen to things in full.  Everything I listen to is an hour+ and sometimes I have 30 minutes and nothing to fill that gap.

Do you like history?

Same with Great Lives and some episodes of History Extra, both excellent (if Anglocentric and somewhat uneven) BBC history programs.