The "Good news, everyone!" thread

James D.

Anyone want to read it?

Sure. I have reading to do for class first but once that's done, I'd love to.

Sending via e-mail now.

Orrr, I could read it to you?

I just had a super-idea. Give everyone a couple of days, we get on the uStream feed and you do your reading there and if anyone else has anything they want to read, they jump in the cohost chair and do their own reading/Dramatic Monologue/Pitch for Larry's Carpet World (Now in Raspberry flavor). Just a little Earth-2 Coffee House Night (Coffee optional).

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone want to read it?

Sending via e-mail now.

I just had a super-idea. Give everyone a couple of days, we get on the uStream feed and you do your reading there and if anyone else has anything they want to read, they jump in the cohost chair and do their own reading/Dramatic Monologue/Pitch for Larry's Carpet World (Now in Raspberry flavor). Just a little Earth-2 Coffee House Night (Coffee optional).

That's an idea. Not the worst idea ever, either.

Anyone want to read it?

Sending via e-mail now.

That's an idea. Not the worst idea ever, either.

BTW, I did enjoy Father a lot. I'm not just saying that because I'm friends. Like that is seriously some great writing.

So, I got on a scale last night, for the first time since my junior year of college. I've lost like, 40 pounds, with no effort put in. I don't know what women are whining about, losing weight is cake.

The key is to drink as much as possible, apparently.

So, I got on a scale last night, for the first time since my junior year of college. I've lost like, 40 pounds, with no effort put in. I don't know what women are whining about, losing weight is cake.

Which is weird, because I put my alarming weight gain down to doing just that....

Which is weird, because I put my alarming weight gain down to doing just that....

Yeah, but you're tiny. I really had nowhere to go but down.

BTW, I did enjoy Father a lot. I'm not just saying that because I'm friends. Like that is seriously some great writing.

Awww, why thank you ^_^

SEE, WORLD?! WILL LIKES IT! WILL LIKES IT!

Mind you Will also liked The Old Man and the Sea which you find boring so it could mean anything. :P

Too true.

Also, "Father" is unlike most of what I write. Which is probably why I've had such luck with sending it out <_<

What's MARSOC for us civilian types?

United States Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command(MARSOC) is a component command of the US Special Operations Command (SOCOM) that comprises the Marine Corps' contribution to SOCOM. Its core capabilities are direct action, special reconnaissance and foreign internal defense. MARSOC has also been directed to conduct counter-terrorism, information operations, and unconventional warfare. That's the textbook definition, but basically it's the classified secret part of the marine corps that people know exists but no one is sure what they do. Even the entrance tests are classified so I'm not even sure what the indoc is going to consist of, although I have some general ideas.

fighting wars before they happen is the MARSOC motto, so hopefully I get to do some great stuff, if i make it, that is.

You know what's awesome...my tax return is something like 4k this year. Oh yes.

I'm looking at probably half that, but still more than enough to get a new TV. I have to walk by it in the window every time I run to the store. It'll be great when I can finally leave with it.

Just found $20 in my pants pocket. No idea where it came from, but now I can order some more trades.

I think you'll find that's mine. I lost £20 out of my pocket a couple of weeks ago. I know that you've got $20 there but I figure it must have shrunk in the wash.

It is well known that all American and British washers are connected by a wormhole. That's where the socks always go. The wormhole also has transmutative properties.