The "Good news, everyone!" thread

James D.

That would make a great Law and Order episode:

Cabot: You were found red handed with the Murder Weapon

Me: I don't know how the knife got in my pants pocket, I swear! It was a wily Englishman I met on the internets who killed Megan Fox!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know what's awesome...my tax return is something like 4k this year. Oh yes.

I'm looking at probably half that, but still more than enough to get a new TV. I have to walk by it in the window every time I run to the store. It'll be great when I can finally leave with it.

I just got £700 back. Very welcome now that I'm studenting.

Just found $20 in my pants pocket. No idea where it came from, but now I can order some more trades.

I think you'll find that's mine. I lost £20 out of my pocket a couple of weeks ago. I know that you've got $20 there but I figure it must have shrunk in the wash.

I just found 20 bucks on the ground :).

Just found $20 in my pants pocket. No idea where it came from, but now I can order some more trades.

I think you'll find that's mine. I lost £20 out of my pocket a couple of weeks ago. I know that you've got $20 there but I figure it must have shrunk in the wash.

I just found 20 bucks on the ground :) .

Hmmm, apparently there's also the possibility that the transmutation also occasionally produces a duplication effect. Worth studying. I'm going to put a small child in my washer. If two end up in yours, Stavros, then we have success. If not, well, hopefully my neighbor isn't too attached.

Well suavestar may because, well, he's suavestar. Now if he start taking bubble baths... that's another story. I also don't need to think about hearty Scotsmen washing themselves. Now I have a picture of the Scotsmen from Samurai Jack all naked. Eww. I really wish I could unthink something :sick:

Well suavestar may because, well, he's suavestar. Now if he start taking bubble baths... that's another story. I also don't need to think about hearty Scotsmen washing themselves. Now I have a picture of the Scotsmen from Samurai Jack all naked. Eww. I really wish I could unthink something :sick:

You damn right I'm Suavestar! The rest of that, I'm going to need to call my lawyer.

An email was spread around the school today with a password protected XCel spreadsheet and the following to figure out the password:

If:

2 + 3 = 10

7 + 2 = 63

6 + 5 = 66

8 + 4 = 96

Then:

9 + 7 = ?????

The email says you need an IQ of at least 120 to get it (which I doubt) but I got it in about thirty seconds. It took two math teachers half an hour. They hate me now. :)

An email was spread around the school today with a password protected XCel spreadsheet and the following to figure out the password:

If:

2 + 3 = 10

7 + 2 = 63

6 + 5 = 66

8 + 4 = 96

Then:

9 + 7 = ?????

The email says you need an IQ of at least 120 to get it (which I doubt) but I got it in about thirty seconds. It took two math teachers half an hour. They hate me now. :)

Just to see if I got it.

Is 144 the answer?

Yeah, that took me a minute. This worries me about Canadian maths teachers....

Good news! I got my 1st choice work placement for April-June within the government's North East museum education programme. In no way am I expecting any kind of response to this, as it's fairly obscure, but that's going to keep me happy until at least June!

It took me about two minutes, mostly because I assumed right from the start that it was an algebraic equation rather than what it actually was. Ran around in a couple of mental circles before I figured out that I'd been doing it wrong.

One of my best buds, a math teacher, got frustrated at it because it specifically looks like a type of high-level mathematical problem involving proofs and variables.

If:

2 + 3 = 10

7 + 2 = 63

6 + 5 = 66

8 + 4 = 96

Then:

9 + 7 = ?????

I'm surprised that took me only a few minutes considering how cripplingly right-brained I am.