Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Disney Channel is planning a follow-up series to the hit 1990's television show "Boy Meets World." TV Line is reporting that the adventures of Cory and Topanga will continue in "Girl Meets World," a new show that follows the characters' preteen daughter.

Created by Michael Jacobs and April Kelly, "Boy Meets World" aired from 1993 to 2000 and starred Ben Savage as Cory Matthews. Beginning with his life as a sixth grader, the series followed Cory through high school, to college and eventually into marriage with longtime love interest, Topanga Lawrence (Danielle Fishel).

Details on "Girl Meets World" are still very few, but the site notes that the network wants to have Savage and Fischel reprise their roles.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=96661

There is only one question I have. Will creepy stalker teacher Mr. Feeny be her teacher now?

On one hand, yes, Adveture Time is random. However, there's this emotional pathos to it as well and almost all of the characters are as developed as hell. Plus, there's the entire fact that the series is set after the apocalypse.

I've got to admit, the way you describe it makes it sound like something I'd really like, but I just don't get that from the episodes I've seen. I've only seen a handfull and they haven't been in any order. Is this the kind of show that benefits from watching the episodes in order?

I think it benefits greatly from the season to season progression. It starts as a fun riff on fantasy adventure and classic near-comical settings and characters and then slowly throws out more and more rules that those sort of series live by. You want a cut and dried villain? Ice King is that for a long time, until you learn why he's that way. Finn's classic mario-princess relationship is undercut by real drama and age issues. Neutered horror villains are rendered scary again through unpredictability and ingenuity. It's just brilliant, possibly my favourite show at the moment.

On one hand, yes, Adveture Time is random. However, there's this emotional pathos to it as well and almost all of the characters are as developed as hell. Plus, there's the entire fact that the series is set after the apocalypse.

I've got to admit, the way you describe it makes it sound like something I'd really like, but I just don't get that from the episodes I've seen. I've only seen a handfull and they haven't been in any order. Is this the kind of show that benefits from watching the episodes in order?

Yes and no. Certain episodes build on things that came before them but others can just be watched for the hell of it. Season 3 is when the show really built from being pretty good into fucking awesome. "What was Missing" and "Holly Jolly Secrets" were both some of the best episodes of the series but both build on relationships that had grown up to that point. As a rule of thumb, almost all of the episodes with Marceline the Vampire Queen are worth watching. Really, some of the voice cast they've attracted for this show is legendary. Clancy Brown was in just about every other episode during season 1. George Takei voiced Ricardio, a talking heart.

Also, Wreck-it Ralph may be one of the best films to come out of Disney since the Golden age of the 90s. I'm including Pixar in there, people. Also, the short before it, Paperman, is fucking awesome as well. A testament that you can still do innovative and new things with animation.

Okay, folks! I need some suggestions for RESEARCH. My gunslinger/mechanist character that I'm playing in a friend's game basically gets to be a walking action movie cliche, especially in the gun and proto-motorcycle riding areas! I need some movies that have some awesome uses of guns and motorcycles, preferably easily available via Netflix!