Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, it's finals week and I've now been up till at least 2 in the morning for two nights in a row now, and this morning I had to be up and functioning by eight-thirty for my first exam. I should probably pass out at some point this afternoon... Also, I hate Punnett squares.

Also, unsurprisingly, the RLA/RHD finally noticed that they probably shouldn't be leaving our house alone, what with the broken glass and the throwing up all over the place, and we're going to see more staff in the house, to the point that they'll probably be adding the house to regular rounds. About damn time.

John Byrne's Twitter account (which he just started) is going to be the funniest (and train wreck-iest) thing ever!

I get no sense from Morrison’s work that he has any “love for the genre.”

When you say comic book pro what you mean is unprofessional yahoo who is more concerned with masturbating all his emotionally retarded fans

Granted, there's some speculation that it's not really him. We'll see, though.

More:

Get this into your tiny brain: trade paperbacks are not the “future” of this industry.

I should say, there are two things making me think it's bogus:

01. One of the tweets references what he said about Jessica Alba's blonde hair. Why bring that back up all these years later?

02. He's following some Marvel editors. But he hates that company, so why would he follow them?

And the Onion being credible. And the thing referring to himself in the third person. And this one:

"Personal prejudice: Hispanic and Latino women with blond hair look like hookers to me, no matter how clean or “cute” they are"

The Onion one I took as a joke, and I know a lot of people who tweet in the third person. I mean, a lot of people do it on Facebook, so why not Twitter? And he actually said that about Jessica Alba; that's what I was talking about.

Upon further reading, that totally doesn't sound right. At all. I mean, really?

"I’ve gotten tired of people calling Christopher Reeve a hero."

Doesn't ring true.

Sadly:

I have noticed that people have begun referring to Christopher Reeve as a hero. I do not wish to take away one iota of the courage he must have needed not to wake up screaming every single day, but the hard truth is there was nothing heroic in what happened to him or how he dealt with it...In fact, as far as how he dealt with it he didn’t even have a choice. We could imagine he spent every hour of every day when not in front of the cameras begging family members to simply kill him and get it over with — but none of them did so he had no choice but to deal with each day as it came. Heroism I believe involves choice.

Source