Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Slightly related note: I got called back to read for Chekhov's "The Bear" for Smirnoff and Garrison Keillor's "Midlife Crisis of Dionysus" as Dionysus, so I'm riding high on the horse right now.

EDIT: Those are both leads that require big, loud stupid douches, so I'm feeling good.

Out of curiosity, what is your favorite Superman series?

Not sure. Probably some of the stuff from the late 80s/early 90s. There aren't a ton of Superman comics that I outright love. A lot of my favorite Superman stories are from the DCAU, actually, as I prefer that version's more down-to-Earth (yet authoritative) Superman.

I flat-out HATED the scene in the beginning of All-Star when he tours Lois around the fortress and shows off all the majestic treasures he's collected. It made him come off like a pompous ass.

I think that Superman/Clark can have godlike power, but should never act like a god. I love the early post-crisis stuff because Clark thinks and acts like a regular person that happens to have strong morals and amazing powers; he doesn't think of himself as any sort of "higher being."

That's also why I love that attempted-suicide scene from All-Star: he takes time out of his chaotic day to stop and have a talk with a young girl, person-to-person. He doesn't fly her up into space to prove an abstract point; he just tells her that everything will be okay in the end.

I just heard a strange sound out my window just now.

It sounded like a cross between a baby's high-pitched shrill scream and a pterodactyl call.

There was also a dog barking.

The only logical conclusion is that a baby pterodactyl is fighting with a dog.

I hope the pterodactyl wins. Not that I have anything against dogs, by any means. I just want the pterosaurs returned to their thrones as the Masters of the Sky.

"Masters of the Sky" would be an awesome name for a metal album.

MastersoftheSky.jpg

Even at a completely different forum, I can't escape that goddamn Seagull gif.

Blame me, I made it. From the initial posting of the pictures to the podcast and everything after, that's still one of the funniest things I've seen on the internet.

This is one of those times I'm going to regret asking for an explanation aren't I?

I'm afraid you may have got the gay (no offense to the gay e2-ers out there, we're just in-joking big time at this point)

Meh, can't speak for Will, but it doesn't bother me.

Slightly related note: I got called back to read for Chekhov's "The Bear" for Smirnoff and Garrison Keillor's "Midlife Crisis of Dionysus" as Dionysus, so I'm riding high on the horse right now.

EDIT: Those are both leads that require big, loud stupid douches, so I'm feeling good.

Glad to hear. You playing the chaotic neutral God of Wine and Merriment, I can see that.

Vegas hurts. It hurts good.

At least it doesn't burn. If it burns, then you did Vegas the wrong way which can be the right way if you don't mind needing a penicillin shot.

I'm afraid you may have got the gay (no offense to the gay e2-ers out there, we're just in-joking big time at this point)

Meh, can't speak for Will, but it doesn't bother me.

Nope, doesn't bother me at all. Everyone should be so lucky as to have got the gay but ehh, to each their own.

Glad to hear. You playing the chaotic neutral God of Wine and Merriment, I can see that.

Kinda the part I was born to play.