Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't play a lot, but off and on I do collect RPGs. It's cool to have them for when they do come up, but also sometimes it's just fun to sit down and go through an old system. I just got my hands on a reasonably priced copy of my personal Holy Grail:

tsr_6850.jpg

I had this as a kid growing up and played the hell out of it. I was also in a group fairly recently that dug it back up and it was still fun as hell. The FASERIP system never really caught on, but it was a good system for comic book storytelling because instead of "Spider-Man can bench exactly 10 tons" it just had "Spider-Man is about as strong as Luke Cage" and left a lot of open room for your own game mechanics.

The particular copy I found has a pretty beat-up box, but made up for it by including (to my surprise) a TON of supplements and modules.

Someone went to a lot of trouble to archive the entire thing at http://www.classicmarvelforever.com/cms/basic-game-and-modules.html along with the Advanced System, which is also cool, but this one meant a lot to me growing up.

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly think I would rather put a mattress on the floor and sleep on that than use a futon frame. Otherwise there's danger of it breaking (either bits of it breaking or the entire thing), and then you have holes under the mattress which will screw up your back something fierce. Maybe if it's a metal frame that gives adequate support over every bit of the mattress (meaning no large holes for the mattress to sink into), then it *might* work.