Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, I've tried to research it but is there much a point to Guy Fawkes Day or is it mostly an excuse to have a bonfire? I know it's to celebrate the downfall of the plot to blow up Parliament but is there anything else to it? Just a curious yank wondering.

I've always considered it a celebration of the revolutionary spirit that drove the plotters personally.

Besides, find me a holiday where the intentions of everyone involved are pure and good. Is Chrismas really more than an excuse to get pressies and stuff ourselves? Is Easter more than chocolate eggs?

Besides, find me a holiday where the intentions of everyone involved are pure and good. Is Christmas really more than an excuse to get pressies and stuff ourselves? Is Easter more than chocolate eggs?

The only people that really celebrate those holidays for their actual reasons are the people that stay home on those holidays with their families and don't bother other people with rampant unchecked consumerism. So, basically, there's no way to tell. :P

I finally set up one of those buddy poke things on facebook!

I now have to have my groups radio project ready for monday, and keep working on my journalism articles, and work out how to do a radio show about news but make it sort of magazine y and not shit.

I also hope some of the people I e-mailed get back in touch with their e-mail answers to my questions.

And lo, the dread beast first final draft of literature review was slain, and there was much rejoicing throughout the land... until the girl remembered that there were also other things that must be slain, far too many of them, and then there was not rejoicing, cause it was one of those nights.