Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You could name it Linux. The puppy would run really easily and never have any issues but it also wouldn't be any fun.

Says you. If you were to put some work into puppy Linux, he's be cooler than the other puppies and have more style than them. Sure, you can't use the same dog food but with a little work, you'll actually make the new, free dog food just as good as Microsoft-Brand Dog Food. Not the Apple Brand, but nearly as good.

You know what's dumb? I cannot believe I once collected baseball cards. I mean why would someone do that? You buy the cards and you quickly look at them then put some where. For comics its different, you read them, look at them, put them away, then maybe read them again. With baseball cards you do nothing, and they are harder to sell I believe. I still have all the ones I collected, but I don't know what to do with them, how do you sell this shit?

I'm working on my term paper for Rosencrantz and Guilderstern are Dead by Tom Stoppard, and I came across what might be my favorite quote in all of literature. In short, the whole play is this massive existential quandary, and Guilderstern just lays out this beautiful statement:

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke and a presumption that our eyes once watered.

Love. It.

One more, from the player:

'We're actors! We're the opposite of people!"

Guest DCAUFan1051

I had scrolled to the bottom of the forums earlier this morning and noticed tht we have 480 members.

Question: does anyone think Earth-2.net will hit 500 members before the end of the first decade of the new millennium?

I had scrolled to the bottom of the forums earlier this morning and noticed tht we have 480 members.

Question: does anyone think Earth-2.net will hit 500 members before the end of the first decade of the new millennium?

Well, considering that the first decade of the new millenium started in 2001 and ends in 2010, then I would certainly hope so. This is something that really irks me (like people who say "Daylight Savings Time"). The year 2000 was NOT part of the "new millenium", as 95% of people seem to think. 1001-2000 is one millenium. 2001-3000 is the next one. You can't have 2000 be part of two different millenia.

Tangent over. Yes, we will. Easily. We still have 13 months until the new decade. :)

Well, considering that the first decade of the new millenium started in 2001 and ends in 2010, then I would certainly hope so. This is something that really irks me (like people who say "Daylight Savings Time"). The year 2000 was NOT part of the "new millenium", as 95% of people seem to think. 1001-2000 is one millenium. 2001-3000 is the next one. You can't have 2000 be part of two different millenia.

Tangent over. Yes, we will. Easily. We still have 13 months until the new decade. :)

Shush! English majors aren't supposed to know anything about math!! What's wrong with you?!?

So, a couple of members of The Church of Latter Day Saints were just at the door, very attractive I might add, and they try to give me the spiel and everything. They even ask me if there was anything I needed help with. My response is you don't want to know what I'm thinking. They ask and I basically tell them that you sounds like you're hitting on me. They practically ran.

So, a couple of members of The Church of Latter Day Saints were just at the door, very attractive I might add, and they try to give me the spiel and everything. They even ask me if there was anything I needed help with. My response is you don't want to know what I'm thinking. They ask and I basically tell them that you sounds like you're hitting on me. They practically ran.

That's one I've never used before. I'm putting it in my arsenal. Thank you.

This is turning into my gayest day ever! Not only do I get to hit on Mormons but I find out that there's going to be an Addams Family musical that doesn't look or sound too bad (Bebe Neuwirth as Morticia, Nathan Lane as Gomez, and Jackie Hoffman as Grandma) but they're also reviving Carrie The Musical. I feel so awesomely gay right now that I'm going to listen to Madonna. Then I'm going to put up some track lighting and change my name to Mark, Rick, or Steve.

This is turning into my gayest day ever! Not only do I get to hit on Mormons but I find out that there's going to be an Addams Family musical that doesn't look or sound too bad (Bebe Neuwirth as Morticia, Nathan Lane as Gomez, and Jackie Hoffman as Grandma) but they're also reviving Carrie The Musical. I feel so awesomely gay right now that I'm going to listen to Madonna. Then I'm going to put up some track lighting and change my name to Mark, Rick, or Steve.

Listen, Marcus Richard Stevenson get that bloody music down!

Bebe Neuwirth as Morticia sounds good, she was awesome in Frasier and Cheers.