Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Putting this here because its equal parts vent and good news. The bad? I fell off my scooter today and seriously damaged my arm. 14 hours later I have almost no range of movement in the elbow and am in fairly significant pain.

The good news? Rather than seek medical help I got my priorities straight. Within an hour I picked up my hire car and then proceeded to pick up some friends and drive 100 miles to a gig in Wolverhampton that I'd booked tickets for months earlier. I fucking loved it, drove back and am now home, still in pain but triumphant in the knowledge that I am a man's man, someone to admire and look up to.

I am going to the doctors at the first opportunity tomorrow, this is fucking killing me.

So, Jeph Loeb got named the second hottest writer of the decade by Wizard. Yeah, Wizard, I was already on the fence about better things to do with that 5.99 a month. I think I'll be dropping you to get something less likely to make me vomit. Seriously, you're not even trying anymore to hide the fact that you're sucking off Marvel in the back room, are you?

In unrelated news, all the roomies are out for the weekend. No pants for me!

If you're looking for a new comics magazine to read, I have a couple to recommend. If you like comics from the Golden and Silver Ages, I recommend Alter Ego and if you like comics from the 70s and 80s, I recommend Back Issue. Both are from TwoMorrows Publishing.

Thanks. I'll look at them but I'm more thinking of just doing a slow cutback. I already spend too much on comics as is and January is going to be a bitch with the huge amount of Blackest Night issues. Need to switch over to trades with some of the titles I don't really get too excited over.