The Doctor Who thread

The negatives...well...I'm not completely sold on the new titles/music....the music is more disappointing to me than the titles, but i need to hear it a few more times before i decide. I'm also not keen on having the DW logo as part of the title (although the way it morphs into the TARDIS is nice).

Now that I've had the chance to hear the music properly I really like it, its just as epic as before but much darker, with a nice electronic feel. Its a shift in the right direction if the show really is dipping more into its more sinister element.

I've also pinpointed the exact moment in the episode where Mike will fall for Amy Pond.

well, i've listened to it a few times...and it's grown on me a bit. I still don't like the opening, feels too vague, I miss the big bang that the opening should have (either a whoosh like the original, or the explosion of the later classic versions)...this just sort of meanders for the first section.

It's hard to get a full feeling for it, because both the start and end versions are just so short...the sequence hardly seems to begin before it ends.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've also pinpointed the exact moment in the episode where Mike will fall for Amy Pond.

Ditto! And I think "fall" is putting it mildly!

I was very impressed with this episode. Whilst it is a mite derivative, it's different enough given the regeneration of The Doctor and the episode's chronlogy. I slightly wish that more time was spent with the villain but I can understand that there were a number of foundations that needed to be laid down in this episode and they all pretty much hit.

Given the way the episode ends, that Rory guy is going to be in Mickey's shoes for the time being, methinks.

Very satisfying opener.

am i missing something, or are the last 3 posts just quoting Dan and then each other without any extra text? Or is there something not loading for me?

edited to add that slothian's post came up as i was writing it, so i now mean the 3 prior to that :-)

It's a popular way of noting agreement without adding to the burden of text. Ie/ as Dan, Dubs and Chris are all American, they're desparately waiting on a torrented version of the episode so that they can speak to us on our knowledgable level!! :D

Delete: I think Moffat will try and make it as different as possible so as to not ape his predecessor, but there'll undoubtedly be some similarities.

Utterly enjoyed this episode. In the span of an hour, Amelia Pond (Such a better name than Amy Pond) has become one of my top five companions. Given enough time, she will possibly upset Donna as my favorite. The plot was kinda like Smith and Jones but so much more awesome at the same time. Once again, helped by Amelia. Finally, Eleven is growing on me. He has some of the manicness of Ten but is already making himself his own man. Finally, that preview.

Oh my god that preview. There is so much about this season that I'm just completely looking forward to. Daleks, Cybermen, Weeping Angels, River Song. This is going to rock.

Is this the first time we've heard that the TARDIS can regenerate itself? Previously it's been said that The Doctor can change "the desktop theme," but here The Doctor says, "It's still rebuilding," and he's pleasantly shocked by the new design by the end. So obviously he had no hand in how it wound up looking.

Is this the first time we've heard that the TARDIS can regenerate itself? Previously it's been said that The Doctor can change "the desktop theme," but here The Doctor says, "It's still rebuilding," and he's pleasantly shocked by the new design by the end. So obviously he had no hand in how it wound up looking.

I'm pretty sure that yeah, this is the first time the TARDIS has had to do this kind of extensive self-repair.