The "Good news, everyone!" thread

James D.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Baltimore Comic Con is this weekend. It'll be my third year going and I can't wait. The guest list is fantastic, with George Perez, Neal Adams, Mark Waid, J.G. Jones, and a whole lot more. There's also usually a pretty nice selection of back issues and 50% off trades to empty wallets with. It's going to be two days of comics and nothing but comics.

Yesterday I found out that the girl who sits in front of me in US History also watches Justice League! She's the first person I've ever met who watches it. (Not including people I introduced to it like my sister and brother etc. Also not including people on the Internet. =P) It was the most amazing thing ever. She was looking at my binder and I had drawn a picture of my little Justice Babies dressing up like Founding Fathers and she was naming all of them. I was thinking in my head, "Wow! She knows Green Lantern! AND she knows Flash! Holy crap!" And she looked at me and was like "Do you watch Justice League?" And I said, "OH MY GOD YES."

I was so excited that I totally aced my James Madison oral presentation shortly afterwards. My friends all said I did really well. Everyone laughed at my awesome time travel joke. =D

So yeah, yesterday pretty much kicked ass.

Everyone laughed at my awesome time travel joke. =D

Damn, no-one ever laughs at my time travel jokes. Must have been a very good day.

Yes, but your time travel jokes end with you knocking out Marty McFly and sleeping with his mother and proclaiming yourself god.

It gives me the chance to turn the whole Darth Vader scare tactic back on him. "Marty McFly, I am your father!"

Everyone laughed at my awesome time travel joke. =D

Damn, no-one ever laughs at my time travel jokes. Must have been a very good day.

Yes, but your time travel jokes end with you knocking out Marty McFly and sleeping with his mother and proclaiming yourself god.

It gives me the chance to turn the whole Darth Vader scare tactic back on him. "Marty McFly, I am your father!"

Yes, but you say it like Biff.

McFly! McFly! I'm your daddy McFly!

Yesterday I created a Facebook fan page for World's Finest Podcast, and, as such, sent invites to many of my Facebook friends. Some of them I know (in real life and online), others are celebrities (mostly comic pros). Two of the people that accepted the invite are Mike Carey (writer of Hellblazer and X-Men: Legacy) and James VanOsdol. Having Mike Carey in the group is cool, but it's JVO that has me super excited!

He's a local radio personality that I've long idolized. Not only is he great at what he does, he's also a comic geek. A few years back I called in to the radio station, and he and I spoke about comics off the air for a good long while. A few years after that I got to meet him at a small comic convention, and he was even nicer in person. And then about two years ago I received an e-mail from him praising Earth-2.net. If he doesn't already listen, I really hope he tunes into WFP and then writes in with feedback.

Yesterday I created a Facebook fan page for World's Finest Podcast, and, as such, sent invites to many of my Facebook friends. Some of them I know (in real life and online), others are celebrities (mostly comic pros). Two of the people that accepted the invite are Mike Carey (writer of Hellblazer and X-Men: Legacy) and Suavestar. Having Mike Carey in the group is cool, but it's Suavestar that has me super excited!

Sorry, I had to do it. :blush:

I took back the crappy Far Cry 2 today, I got a gift card for the value. I shop in HMV all the time, so I don't mind, I'm just glad I got rid of that piece of crap.

• 2 weeks later...

I got dish network hooked up to my wall of TVs at work. When I asked what I was to have playing I was told "Sports all the time".

As such, I slacked of some while at work and watched some football. UFL and FSU/UNC, but still.

I am finally free of watching The Incredibles. Don't get me worng, great movie, but watch it every day for eight months. On a loop. The UFL will be the greatest thing you ever did see.