The minor annoyances thread

Missy

Ditto. And they get pissed at YOU.

No shit! Oh, I'm sorry, I should have realized that I need to be aware that some Mensa candidate is going to be walking in the center lane of Commonwealth Avenue with her head down and crossing against the lights while updating her Facebook. Clearly *I* am the one at fault here.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantasy Football rant. I know the rule 'no one cares about your team except you'. So, just break it down to its core.

It frustrates me when faced with a logical argument backed with facts and numbers (even a graph at one point), all I get in return is "Blahhhhhhhhhhhh YOU SUCK". I am the person who would have been screwed over, but I still think it should have been done. Just saying things akin to "Collision because you two are friends" and "No one offered me a trade" are not logical. They are in fact stupid.

Fantasy Football is supposed to be fun. This is not. I don't think I will rejoin this league next year.

I hate people who make frantic phone calls to you (You miss the call, so they call again. Every 30 seconds till you answer) just to ask "Have you got some DVD's I can borrow for Halloween?" It's also a great eye opener on how some people will never speak to you, unless they want something, at which point, it's a life or death situation.

I'm moving this weekend, so I have a lot of crap to do this week. Tonight is being devoted to clearing out the old place once and for all.

I took a 5-hour energy. I might as well have drank a thimble of Mr. Pibb for all the good it's doing.

This is going to be a loooooong week.

Hey, guy at the polling place harrassing me about who I should vote for. You would appear to be in some sort of Guy Fieri cosplay, right down to the frosted tips. You are clearly not fantastic at decision-making, and should probably not try to help people with theirs.

Believe me, the cop at the place had been made very aware of the gentleman in question and clearly had precisely enough of his antics by the time I left. He turns up all the time and rarely manages to get through Election Day without being invited to spend the afternoon downtown.

Can I ask who?

Chris Burnham. He tweeted about Death Race, I said Death Race 2000 was awesome. He then tweeted that I was a motherfucker, and that if he meant the film I said, he would have said something else. He sent that tweet a few minutes after I replied to him. I'd rather just ignore him now. I've deleted my tweet.

I'm pretty sure his tone, lost in internet translation, was joking.

Maybe, but at the same time, it's not very respectful for him to use come out and speak to people like that, and it has just put me off ever reading anything by him ever again.

I would also note that his tweet was not replied to any specific person.

Yeah, but it's to much of a coincidence for me to say something about a film and for him, moments later to say "Motherfucker I didn't mean that film!"

I'm not coming here to say "F-him, and everyone here join me in boycotting his books!" I'm just saying, it bothered me, and I personally don't see a reason for me to ever support anything that he has a hand in again. That's all.

For all the advances in science, doing research on health and exercise is much more of a chore than it should be. No one can seemingly come to a consensus on much of anything. I can find just as much evidence for protein shakes being useless as I can for them being beneficial. Same for any workout routine. Cardio is great for you. Cardio is horrible for you and can burn muscle. Resistance bands work, except when they don't.

I'm starting to run into the same sort of thing with diet research too. At my work, the only lunch options are fast food, so I'm trying to find an alternative that I can pack in the morning. Every article I find seems to assume that I live in the kitchen of a Panera Bread.

For all the advances in science, doing research on health and exercise is much more of a chore than it should be. No one can seemingly come to a consensus on much of anything. I can find just as much evidence for protein shakes being useless as I can for them being beneficial. Same for any workout routine. Cardio is great for you. Cardio is horrible for you and can burn muscle. Resistance bands work, except when they don't.

I'm starting to run into the same sort of thing with diet research too. At my work, the only lunch options are fast food, so I'm trying to find an alternative that I can pack in the morning. Every article I find seems to assume that I live in the kitchen of a Panera Bread.

Protein shakes are great if you're trying to build muscle (like I am!) otherwise I probably wouldn't bother. They just aren't that filling or nutritious beyond being super high in protein, and if you're trying to satisfy hunger I'd rather just eat something.

I mean, that's what I do; meat, vegetables, eggs and nuts. That's what keeps me going every day and helped me lose a ton of weight. And it's what's helping me get stronger now.

I still do a ton of cardio most days, even though I'm weightlifting, because it's what I like to do. Cardio helped me lose a ton of weight initially, and I like the feeling of burning off a ton of calories. I really think the worries about burning muscle are overblown, and are probably really only an issue if you're pairing a significant amount of cardio with a low calorie diet.