Everything DC

JackFetch

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I truly hope they don't to Barry Allen in the solo Flash film. It's different than when Superman Returns debuted while Smallville was going on. Those were two different versions of the character at different points in their lives. I'd much rather this Ezra fellow play Wally or Bart or someone else. Max Mercury, idk.

They'll do Barry, the DC higher ups have a boner for him just because he was the Flash when they were kids. Which ignores the fact that Wally was the Flash most of their readers lives, but whatever. Give it ten years, Barry will be dead again, Wally will be the Flash again and the readers will be asking why Bart's so marginalised.

If they were going to do a Flash movie that should be their generational film. I'd love to see Jay Garrick, Barry, Wally and Bart all team up.

They'll do Barry, the DC higher ups have a boner for him just because he was the Flash when they were kids. Which ignores the fact that Wally was the Flash most of their readers lives, but whatever.

I think it has more to do with the fact that Barry makes more sense as a first Flash. Wally without Barry is kind of odd, since his status as a former Kid Flash is really important. Back when Green Lantern was in production, some of the producers behind it said that the reason they decided to stick with Hal Jordan as GL instead of going with John Stewart or Kyle Rayner was that using the first GL would allow them to naturally transition into later lanterns as actors left the role.

• 2 weeks later...

In September, it was revealed that not only was a “Supergirl” TV series in development but that CBS had ordered a series commitment for DC Entertainment’s latest series. Now, TVLine brings word on the first casting breakdown for the show that not only points to this version of Kara, but also a new character created for the show.

According to the outlet, the producers are searching for “Caucasian females, age 22 to 26, to play 24″ for the role of Kara Zor-El or Kara Danvers (a reference to the “Linda Danvers” version of the character no doubt) as she will be called on Earth. The site notes that “as the series’ mythology goes, Kara at age 12 was sent from her dying home planet of Krypton to Earth, where she was taken in by the Danvers, a foster family who taught her to be careful with her extraordinary powers. After repressing said skills for more than a decade, Kara is forced to bust out her super moves in public during an unexpected disaster. Energized by her heroism for the first time in her life, she begins embracing her abilities in the name of helping the people of her city, earning herself a super moniker along the way.”

Another character included in the breakdown, though, is Kara’s foster sister Alexandra “Alex” Danvers, who is described as “Kara’s gorgeous, brilliant, science-minded foster sister. Growing up, Alex was partly jealous of her sibling yet also fascinated by her abilities, prompting Alex to learn as much as she could about alien anthropology, sociology and culture. Today, Alex works for a secret government organization and, alongside her heroic sis, will face many challenges, both mundane and super.”

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm not doubting that, my only gripe is that it looks like they wanted Khal Drogo in the movie and then shoved him into an Aquaman shaped hole. I'll reserve final judgement until I see the movie but, for the moment, I hate this costume so much. It doesn't feel like Aquaman to me. Even when 90s Aquaman had the shoulder-pad look, he had some green and gold to break up the monotony of gunmetal/steel. This is just so... boring.