The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great. Several years of stellar transactions and I've found my first eBay crazy.

Huge Problem here. Your auction stated that I was purchasing Planetary Issues #13-27 when I opened your envelope 8 not 15 freely moving comics numbered #13,15,17,19,21,23,25,27 were inside not secured in anyway moving around getting Damaged from anything it touched. You still owe me near mint issues of Planetary #13-#27 odd and even. Since I dont think you have spare copies around the house I want a full refund in the next 24 hours so I can go try and buy these comics elsewhere. What a massive unbelievable disappointment. Damnit waited 9 days for nothing. If you want your 8 damaged comics back you can email, fax or mail me a return label or refund me an additional $15.62 on top of the $36.99 I paid for all the comics #13-#27, Thats 15. If only you would have put all 15 comics #13-#27 in a small book box first they would have still been in mint condition. Why? The disappointment is one thing but the 11 days I waited for nothing Paypal my money back to -------- God Damnit

They were in an envelope taped to a cardboard sleeve ensuring they did not move around and the fucktard never bothered to turn the comics over to notice that there were two comics in each sleeve. Fuck this guy.

Edited to protect the identity of someone who has recently cooled down.

If you are a homeless person, and I can see that you're having some legit trouble, I'm usually not so busy that I can't run up to McDonalds and grab you a Big Mac. We've all needed help at some point and I'm happy to do it.

To the young lady sitting outside of the 7-11 in your brand new sneakers that clearly cost more than my entire wardrobe, you do not qualify. The cigars that you claim to so desperately need to not strike me as an essential purchase.

I've had that experience too many times to count. It's like, if I'm dressed in a hoodie, very faded jeans, a crummy ol' T-shirt, and ratty shoes, what makes you think I'm giving you -- who's dressed in designer jeans, a $75 shirt, and I don't know how much those shoes cost -- any money at all?

The other day, though, a bum walked up to me and said, "Do you have change, man? And look, I ain't gonna lie. I got the shakes. I need a drink, man." Normally I don't have cash on me, especially change, but this time I actually had about 50¢, so I gave it to him for his frank honesty.

I think I said before but some guy asked me for change, well waited for me at the traffic lights is more what happened and ask me for the change, and then said "What about £1" and I was ready to tell him to fuck off.

I hate the people who come up to you, like it's a right for them to ask you for money. The people who sell the big issue(a magazine homeless people sell here)I respect, I don't care what they do with the money, they worked for it, good for them.

This coming from a student who's living off student loans and bursary, I know the irony of the situation.

The people who sell the big issue(a magazine homeless people sell here)I respect, I don't care what they do with the money, they worked for it, good for them.

Yeah I'll buy the Big Issue occasionally here in Melbourne. There is one guy that sells it who sings little diddy's about people that are walking past, he's good value.

I was on the Subway in NY and some guy got on, dressed ok and said at the top of his voice "Ladies and Gentlemen, if I could have your attention for a minute" stopped and waited for people to look... "I am a homeless man and any donations you can make would be appreciated". I didn't give him any money, but I loved the technique, very clever.

I am getting really frustrated with Harmonix's lack of releasing good songs for Rock Band lately. Case in point? They are releasing a second Green Day pack and, like the first track pack, not a single song is old Green Day. Instead, we get yet more crappy new Green Day songs. I want any DLC from Dookie, Insomniac , Nimrod, Warning and American Idiot, damn it. :mad:

I buy a new game today, as I finished all my work, I need something to have fun with, I take it home, I try playing it, and my wii crashes with it, it tells me to eject the game and the console freezes.

Fuck. Well, I'm taking the Game back tomorrow and seeing if I can't get a replacement one.

The game was Battalion wars, and I was really looking forward to playing it.

Guest DCAUFan1051

my downstairs neighbors 4 the past 2 nights play their goddamn bass filled rap music for at least 45 mins at this very time.

I'm not one to blare music or TV I try to keep it at a level I can hear and not the rest of the world. It's a good thing I wasn't trying to record a podcast!

And these people have infants... that can't be good for them all that noise that could wake the dead!!

New rule. If:

- You own a small second hand store

- You do not personally work at said store

- You have only two employees

- Your store has been open for two years

Make sure that the prices are known. After trying to get a Christmas present from this store all day, I end up empty handed because they don't know the price. Bush league way to run a business.

I buy a new game today, as I finished all my work, I need something to have fun with, I take it home, I try playing it, and my wii crashes with it, it tells me to eject the game and the console freezes.

Fuck. Well, I'm taking the Game back tomorrow and seeing if I can't get a replacement one.

The game was Battalion wars, and I was really looking forward to playing it.

Got a new copy.

You know, I really fucking hate panic attacks, I know I keep saying it, but it is fucking annoying having them!

You know, I really fucking hate panic attacks, I know I keep saying it, but it is fucking annoying having them!

You need to really examine when you get them. See if you can find a common trigger. It might be a person or a certain task, it could be your job or school or home life, or even something small such as a smell.

Me, mine are set off whenever I work with HTML for too long. (We're talking hours at a time.) Even though I know the code, it can overwhelm me. There are certain people who also act as triggers. Since I've cut them out and / or limited my interactions with them recently, I've suffered fewer attacks.

Medicines such as Xanax do the job well, but learning what causes the attacks in the first place is better than popping pills.