The minor annoyances thread

Missy

Hey now, I've made slips like that before. :P

I did that once. About 10 years ago a very close friend of mine passed away, and when another friend phoned to tell me the news, I ended the call by saying "I love you." I don't know where it came from, as I never had amorous feelings for the woman. I played it off by saying, "Yeah, sorry about that. I never got to tell Sara what she meant to me, so I want to make sure all my friends know that I care about them." She seemed to buy it.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey now, I've made slips like that before. :P

I did that once. About 10 years ago a very close friend of mine passed away, and when another friend phoned to tell me the news, I ended the call by saying "I love you." I don't know where it came from, as I never had amorous feelings for the woman. I played it off by saying, "Yeah, sorry about that. I never got to tell Sara what she meant to me, so I want to make sure all my friends know that I care about them." She seemed to buy it.

On a mildly related note, is it just me or is the name Sara(h) synonymous with awesome people? I don't think I've ever met a girl with that name that wasn't a total sweetheart.

How do you explain lesbians, then? :P

(Note: I am currently in the middle of finals and fairly sleep-dep'd. Logic is not guaranteed.)

Lesbianism is a myth. They do it on film for money but outside of that its like a comprehensible geordie or David Cameron's soul, it doesn't exist. ;)

Low blow! I live in Newcastle nowadays and I can tell you for a fact......that David Caemron has a soul. These geordies may as well be French!

On a mildly related note, is it just me or is the name Sara(h) synonymous with awesome people? I don't think I've ever met a girl with that name that wasn't a total sweetheart.

What the hell? Every Sarah that I have met in the past six years is evil. 3 ex-girlfriends named Sarah (all had major issues that didn't go well for me), ex-boss that was an uber-bitch, 2 blind dates and a former neighbor. All spawns of Satan. Hell, two of my friends dated girls named Sarah and they turned out to be either addicted to meth or bat-shit insane.

The name was born of the purest evil imaginable. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

What the hell? Every Sarah that I have met in the past six years is evil. 3 ex-girlfriends named Sarah (all had major issues that didn't go well for me), ex-boss that was an uber-bitch, 2 blind dates and a former neighbor. All spawns of Satan. Hell, two of my friends dated girls named Sarah and they turned out to be either addicted to meth or bat-shit insane.

Somehow I knew this post was going to happen. I'm surprised it took this long.

Somehow I knew this post was going to happen. I'm surprised it took this long.

Depends. I know some nice Sarahs but then I also know one who was such a massive bitch that the family she was staying with in South America during part of her gap year threw her out.

My home life sucks.

My mum is trying to drive me out of her house, by blanking me for over a month, and treating my stuff like it's worthless, which she's been doing for years, but the last thing she said to me before refusing to acknowledge me is "I want you out of my house!" which is a nice thing to hear when you have to do work.

Anxiety attacks suck, but I've learned to live with them. What I haven't learned to live with, however, are the ones that are so bad I nearly pass out. Great start to the day.

I on occasion have a mild panic attack, I had one this Wednesday in the middle of a make or break presentation for my Canadian Literature class. Ugh.