The minor annoyances thread

Missy

I had to remove a couple people from Facebook. I don't care if you are a Christian or not, but if all you are going to do is quote scripture goodbye. I don't care about your politics either, and if all you are going to do is post one sided "news stories", then goodbye.

I friend people because I:

A. know them in real life

B. want to know what's going on in heir lives

not because I wanted to be preached at. Fuck anybody who does that.

Why wouldn't you just select the "remove from news feed" option? I have about half my Facebook friend list blocked from my list, but I don't delete them.

And no offense, but deleting people just because you disagree with them is pretty damned disrespectful as well.

Everything this person posts is either quoting scripture or promoting her church.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R

[quote name='Jack Fetch' date='09

November 2009 - 10:04 PM' timestamp='1257825805' post='75004']

Everything this person posts is either quoting scripture or promoting her church.

Well, that certainly sounds annoying, but is it really deserving of a "fuck you"?

I only say this because I know a lot of those types of people, and they're friends who I deeply care about.

Also, to agree with Jack (perish the thought :P):

Relligion is a personal thing. Believe whatever the fuck you want, but the moment you start putting it in my face, on my phone, stuck to my front door or in my kids head, I want to punch you in the throat.

Y'know, like Jesus would.

Personally I wish Facebook would die a quick painful death. I had a bet with a friend that it would be dead by last Christmas, I was probably 1 or 2 years too early, but hey, it will die.

Really? Die is sort of a strong word. I mean, Myspace is still kicking. It's not as popular as it used to be, obviously, but that's just because something newer and brighter came along.

After Myspace there was Facebook. After Facebook there was Twitter. After Twitter, there will be something else. As long as there are people who think their opinions are important, society will find newer and flashier ways to share these opinions with increasingly larger groups of folks that don't give a shit.

Others - like most of the people I know - see these things as a way to take stupid quizzes and share a laugh with some friends. Perish the thought.

Yeah, I used the word die in the bet and then we had to define it more clearly, which I think eventually became something along the lines of less than 50% of the people we know that are currently using it, won't be using it. Your timeline is a very good example of how it's gone. It's also a good reason why the iPhone is so popular, as it will just release an app for whatever the next most popular thing is after twitter....

If you meant die is strong for what I want to happen to it, yeah I wish it would die.

Man, I wish I was fucked. We have Preston fucking Ted Nugent and nature. Facebook is getting fucked. And now so is Comcast. Well, what about me?

...fine. I'll grab the lube.

When you ask a loved one whom you trust to name a famous person that you look like, "Charlie Brown" is not an acceptable answer.

It could be worse. At least you've never been told that you scare people.

When you ask a loved one whom you trust to name a famous person that you look like, "Charlie Brown" is not an acceptable answer.

It could be worse. At least you've never been told that you scare people.

... :unsure:

Wait...

Bald.

Unendingly Negative.

Can't catch a break.

...Dubs is the grown up Charlie Brown.

CharlieBrown.jpg

"Shut up, I am not emo."

EDIT: Before anyone else says it, I call dibs on Linus.

Pfft, I got told I looked like Boris Johnson yesterday. I am not happy.

That's what that is! I knew you looked familiar. :P

Mental note: Use mayoral authority to nuke Bristol. All I'll have to do is say "Cripes!" and I'll escape any custodial sentence.

Please, tell me more about how boring you think this job is. Pay no mind to the fact that I'm working a 13 hour shift today and that you just got here. Yes, I can't believe all the "bullshit" going on here either. Getting paid to come in and do literally nothing for 6 hours must be just torture for you. Oh, I insist, please stop and read your most recent text because clearly that's more important than the 50 pound box of shit that I'm holding over my shoulder. Yeah, I'm standing there like that because you're in my way. No, I don't want to grab you a soda while I'm on my break. Why? Because I'm not taking a break. Instead I have to spend that hour doing the shit that you were supposed to be doing today. Yes, of course the stockroom will clean itself, go leave an hour early and spend time with your boyfriend. I clearly have no chance of a social life, so I won't be missing out on a thing as I spend the remainder of the night doing the rest of your work for you.