The minor annoyances thread

Missy

I fucking HATE heartburn. Especially when there's no reason for me to be having it. This morning, I ate two biscuits with strawberry jelly and a big cup of sweet iced tea. WHAT THE FUCK IS CAUSING THIS GODDAMNED HEARTBURN??? I often wonder what my stomach looks likes, and at this point, I'm willing to bet it looks like the stomach of a chronic drunk with how often I have acid reflux-like symptoms.

Just when I think we're two different people, something like this brings us closer.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You going to run?

For office, I mean.

Journalism assignment. Still better than what the original assignment was...attending and staying for the entire duration of the NDP Leadership Convention.

Also, t this point I may have to run there.

I fucking HATE heartburn. Especially when there's no reason for me to be having it. This morning, I ate two biscuits with strawberry jelly and a big cup of sweet iced tea. WHAT THE FUCK IS CAUSING THIS GODDAMNED HEARTBURN??? I often wonder what my stomach looks likes, and at this point, I'm willing to bet it looks like the stomach of a chronic drunk with how often I have acid reflux-like symptoms.

Just when I think we're two different people, something like this brings us closer.

See, I think one of you has my stomach. I drink coffee and booze all the time, put Tabasco on like, everything, and eat little more than meat, carbs and cheese, with the occasional onion, pepper or potato. And zero heartburn.

I mean, sucks for you guys, but... thanks for taking that bullet for me.

This is snipped from a feature article written for a college newspaper called Daily Titan. Note, an editor wrote this:

Wonder Woman croons Divinyls' "I Touch Myself," backed by comic book-loving rock band Kirby Krackle, as I walk into a darkened room in the Long Beach Convention Center. A man pulls off his shirt and whirls it over his head shouting along with the lyrics.

The room is filled with comic book artists just sitting around drawing and enjoying the occasional cocktail.

"Those are Aspen artists," I marveled to myself. "There's the guy who does 'Mouse Guard.' And, oh my God, is that Darick Robertson over there drawing Spider Israel?"

I don't care if this is a college paper, you have to fact check!

It was money, not weight :cry:

Wait, so if we move to England, our weight will turn into money?

o_o awesome.

Maybe in England, in Scotland, you get given a pint of whiskey and told to drink like a man.

That's still preferable to being an overweight guy who's geeky enough to know the seven forms of lightsaber combat.

I had a lady tell me to get a large present out of her car(notice she didn't ask) and bring it into the building for her. She neglected to tell me it was covered in glitter.

I FUCKING HATE GLITTER!!!!

Now I'm itching and sparkling. I want to kill someone. Or have someone kill me. At this point I don't care which.

Dear Fuckwits McGee Frat Remnants/Footballers on my Floor:

Contrary to popular belief, there are people who are very much trying to sleep at 3 AM on Saturday and Sunday mornings, and don't want to listen to your loud, drunken yelling up and down the floor. Nor do they appreciate the garbage cans being spilled in front of their door and the fire extinguisher almost going off because you're so fucking drunk that you can't walk straight. Also, throwing up in the sinks and not washing them out, leaving them to fester until the janitors get here two days hence? Classy, guys. Real classy.

Counting down the days till I can legally go out and drink myself immune to your idiocy,

~Me

As I was leaving work, I had to shut the automatic front doors manually (since we were closed), and I hit myself in the dick with a 12-pack of cream soda as I was closing them. Then I get home and I have to park on the side of my house on a weird incline. The car door won't stay open since it's at such a weird angle, and so it closes right on my shin.

Needless to say, I am limping pretty badly right now.

I think I speak for the entire male population when I say that getting hit in the dick is anything but "minor", to the point of taking priority over any other injury.

"Dude, I got shot in the leg..."

"Man up, ya wimp!"

"... and then I got kicked in the sack."

"... I'm so sorry, man. I didn't know."

You have my sympathies, Mr. Deaux.

The people in my dorm are absofuckinglutely disgusting. I had to use the bathroom just now, and was wondering what the godawful smell was. Turns out one of my neighbors threw up all over the first stall and didn't even get it all into the toilet. What the fuck.

In my first year as an undergraduate, I lived on a mixed corridor with a fair amount of Chinese international students. Not to slur an ethnicity, but from what one girl told me of the bathroom on our floor is that it had both stalls and showers. But the showers were sometimes used as a squat toilet, which are common in China but not in the UK, making my female friends deeply unimpressed with the hygiene levels of using the bathroom.

See, we're not to that point just yet. It's just the assholes at both ends of the hall getting drunk on an almost nightly basis at this point. Though, last week they threw up in the sinks. And it's still there from last night, which means either that the janitor hasn't come, or that they're refusing to take care of it (which I wouldn't blame them for at all).