The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mention the Roadwarriors, if they don't know the T, then they have no place to be.

Also, anyone who confuses a buzzcut for a skinhead is an idiot.

I partied with some skinheads when I was a teenager in Denver. They scared the shit out of me. They wanted to jump a person with a pipe, and talked about the Alan Berg murder like they were involved. They were the white t-shirt, suspenders, and combat boots type of skinheads.

The kind we used to give tastes of their own medicine when I was a youngster...

Mention the Roadwarriors, if they don't know the T, then they have no place to be.

Also, anyone who confuses a buzzcut for a skinhead is an idiot.

I partied with some skinheads when I was a teenager in Denver. They scared the shit out of me. They wanted to jump a person with a pipe, and talked about the Alan Berg murder like they were involved. They were the white t-shirt, suspenders, and combat boots type of skinheads.

The kind we used to give tastes of their own medicine when I was a youngster...

I've been trying to catch this professor, who's the head of the Anthropology department at my university, so that I can talk with him about some possible openings for student jobs with the anthropology department. I've sent him some emails, left a message or two on his phone over the last two weeks in hopes that he'll pick up, and finally went into his office today in the hopes that he would be there, as I'd heard nothing.

He wasn't.

I mean, come on, at least send me a message or something to let me know that you won't be there if I'm driving a good two hours to try and see you for this job, which I kinda need.

(Admittedly, he is in the Coast Guard auxillary, so that could be a part of it. But, still.)

I'd like to think that the email flow is slightly reduced during the summer, however, this is an entirely valid point.

I basically need this job, mostly to be able to pay the $700 a term tuition, and to be able to have a solid money base during the year, and it would be useful for the future, so the lack of response is kind of driving me up the wall.

Despite opening it up and doing all the maintenance James & I could muster on it, my Sega Genesis of nearly 18 years has finally bitten the dust. I will not forget the countless hours of Sonic the Hedgehog, NHL Hockey, Streets of Rage, Cool Spot and Mortal Kombat played on it. A large part of my childhood is gone.

I'll probably buy a replacement within the week.

I can only see UK reviews for FYEO, but this to my knowledge is our first bad review. Now I'll readily admit that I'm not a million miles away from a half drunk person who thinks they're a Bond expert, but I sit next to an actual 007 fact-o-phile every episode. That it gets lost out to the fact he's a madman is coincidental, but the guy's judging our entire run on our first episode. Judging any of the Earth-2 podcasts on their first episode is somewhat short-sighted, to put it mildly.

It's not that I can't take criticism, but "truly dire" kind of rankles given the amount of time I put into FYEO. I should also point out that I'm in the middle of editing episode #17, which is surprisingly onerous this month.

badreview.jpg

Check his other reviews to see if he always posts bad ones. There's also the possibility that he's shooting yours down because he's a fan of another Bond podcast. I've seen both of those before.

Incidentally, in the US store you have three reviews: one is four stars, the others are five stars. Hmm... I thought I left one, but it would seem I haven't. Curious.

EDIT: That's a shit review. When I try a podcast that's been around for a while, I never listen to the first episode first. I always jump to the latest, then work my way back, because first episodes are always filled with problems.

Edited by Yoda

Check his other reviews to see if he always posts bad ones. There's also the possibility that he's shooting yours down because he's a fan of another Bond podcast. I've seen both of those before.

Incidentally, in the US store you have three reviews: one is four stars, the others are five stars. Hmm... I thought I left one, but it would seem I haven't. Curious.

EDIT: That's a shit review. When I try a podcast that's been around for a while, I never listen to the first episode first. I always jump to the latest, then work my way back, because first episodes are always filled with problems.

It's the only review he's left. In that he's called "NorthWestCinema", there's a chance I may know who it is given that I did my bachelor's degree in the north west of England. Then again, I'd have no idea who it would be if that were the case.

Is it worth reporting a concern for a review being based on the first half of a podcast's first episode, or is that taking things a bit too seriously? I'm thinking the latter.

In the past I have reported (and had removed) reviews that I felt were too OTT or clearly promoted another show, but this one... I don't know. It doesn't violate any of iTunes rules, and it isn't spam. You can ask to have it deleted, but I'm not sure they'll do it. Sorry, Ian.

The best thing you can do is have your friends click "no" next to the "Was this review helpful?" option.